Monday, 4 May 2009

In Honour of Mother's Day

My mum is a one-in-a-billion! She is gentle and kind and full of smiles. She gives great advice and yet doesn't meddle. She always has my back no matter what and is a great friend and listener. Although Mum is far away and I don't get to see her that often, she's in my thoughts and heart everyday and I miss her lots.
So, for those of you who have your mum close by, never take that for granted - its a gift!
I wasn't an easy little girl and like me with Kaylin, you had to deal with my tantrums on a daily basis. Its not easy!
Here's what Elizabeth Pentley says : "Instead of focusing on misbehavior and what you don’t want him to do, explain exactly what you’d like your child to do or say instead".
Me and my one-in-a-billion mumHere's my mum aka Granny playing Pirates with Megan and Kaylin.


In Honour of Mother's Day I want to tell you about Elizabeth Pantley's new book that has just been released.
The No-Cry Nap SolutionGuaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems. I am over all those stages so I am more interested in her The No-Cry Discipline Solution. It won the 2007 iParenting Media Award for Outstanding Book ~ iParenting is the largest certified evaluation system of children’s and parenting products in the industry.

Here is what she says (amongst other things) about handling tantrums:
"No matter how diligent you are in recognizing trigger causes, your child will still have meltdown moments. Or even meltdown days. "

1 comment:

Tanya said...

What a lovely post Gillian! And your mom is just awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails