Friday, 16 September 2011

Friday Follower #8 and a Shoegasm



Pausing briefly to select another tube of paint, Mynx looked apologetically at the reporter.

"Sorry, what was that you asked?"

"I just wondered at what point you knew you were an artist."

"Oh I have always known I was immensely talented." Mynx replied, waving a loaded paint brush with a flourish.

"Bullshit" a little voice seemed to come from somewhere near the easel.

"I'm sorry, but did I just hear someone say 'Bullshit'?" asked the reporter, wiping a splatter of purple from her nose.

"You sure did," continued the voice. "I called it, just like I always do when she gets too up herself."

Looking closer to the easel, the reporter could only see a small golden lizard.
"What's going on? Is this some sort of joke?"

"This always happens when you open your big mouth in company," said Mynx, putting down her brush with a sigh.  "This is my companion, 'Ego',  he is like my conscience, he keeps me from getting too big for my fabulous shoes." 

"Truth now Mynx"

"OK, I knew I was an artist when I realised that the only way I would be happy with a painting was to start over"

"So why did you start blogging?"

"I always knew I was going to be a famous writer..."

"Mynx!" the little lizard was sounding quite cross.

"OK, blog started, scary stuff, breast lump, blah blah out into the universe, never expected to have anybody actually read it"

"And the other blog, the more, ahem, adult one, Secret Pleasures?"

"Ah, that one was started as a way to catalogue a series of stories I had written"

"And they are pretty good too." This time the golden reptile sounded proud.

"So you paint, and write about sex, anything else our readers might like to know"

"There is so much more to me than that.  You never quite know what you will find on "Dribble" or my other blogs. I have a third too, "Something Extra" to show case my arty farty stuff.  I do random fabulously and if all else fails, I post pictures of home baked goods"

The reporter looked over at the little lizard, who seemed to be nodding in agreement.

It should have been ridiculous to be involved in a three way interview with this Australian blogger with the amazing hair and wicked sexy laugh, and a talking lizard, but for some reason it was perfectly feasible.

Just as it was also perfectly acceptable to see a plate of delicious looking cakes and savouries appear magically, replacing the artist supplies.

"Oh look at the time" exclaimed Mynx.  "Can I pour you a glass of red ?"
-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much "A Daft Scots Lass" for having me here and posting my little bit of dribble.

It has been a lot of fun and I am honoured to have been invited.




Polka Dot heels from Bottom Dollar Shoes for $44.99

Chinese Laundry Ivory Platform Pump from Endless $69.00

Ava Fuchsia and Orange Wedges from BooHoo £20.00
Bottom Dollar Shoes $39.99
Lime Velvet Peep Toe $21.60 at GoJane
Just in case you didn't know what the talk of Twitter is today.  Oh yeah is the naked pictures of Scarlett Johansson. Whoop-Dee-Fekkin-Doo like we haven't seen a naked pic of a celebrity's arse before.  

No one's gonna pay me $210 million for my sex tape, right Kim?

14 comments:

Mynx said...

Thanks again for having me here sweets. Gotta say I adore those polka dot shoes :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

love, love, love the polka dot ones.

The Accidental Somebody said...

LOVE the green peep-toes!

ib said...

That Mynx is a sassy little vixen, indeed. I must admit, the picture of her and the, ahem, devil spawn always makes me tenders cower northward, but I digress.

Consider me a follower. Any friend of Mynxy is a friend of mine. And, I am a sucker for red heads.

my day in a sentence said...

This was a nice read; good follower. :)

Melanie said...

That just made me smile!

Marina said...

I love the shoes! :) All of them! and picture with snake?? Wow!

Joshua said...

Looks like I have a link to click. But first, I need a quiet place. And by quiet I mean private.

Speaking of privates, I think my favorite part of the ScarJo pic is that she TOOK IT HERSELF!!! That's just stupid. If you want to see what it looks like, look in the two mirrors. Taking a pic is just an invitation.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some photoshopping of that pic to do.

Monkey Man said...

What a creative interview. It kicked ass...er, arse.

The Glebe Blog said...

Mynx could give me some of her 'Secret Pleasures'.She'd find that I 'Dribble' quite well.I'm not sure if I'd have 'Something Extra' left afterwards though.

Talking of naked celebrities the police caught me having sex with Courtney Love.They charged me with having an offensive person on my weapon.

George said...

Oh that picture of Ms. Johansson is horrible. I could only stare at it for 10 to 15 minutes at a time.

WhisperingWriter said...

I really like those green heels. Cute!

Bouncin' Barb said...

Mynx...except for that damn scary snake picture, I loved your post! Eeeek. You are funny. And your golden lizard makes me look at my beautiful painting from you!! Great blog.

Angel said...

That was very interesting!
:)
Scarlett looks like a 12 year old in that picture! Why'd she post it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails