Friday, 24 February 2012

Friday Follower and a Shoegasm


Yipeeeeeeee!  Its Friday and I'm featuring Chris Davis – better known as The Frog Queen has an obsession with all things Halloween and a ridiculously large frog collection, which has allowed her to control all the frogs in the world.  At least that is what she believes.

Chris is obsessed with:


♥ Halloween and all things dark and creepy
♥ Creating creepy things!
♥ Scotland – The picture of me at Flora McDonald’s grave is one of my favorite possessions.
♥ Wine…but only red. White wine….no bloody way!
♥ Stuff with skulls on it
♥ Blogging
♥ My cats…since we are childless by choice….our cats are our kids.
♥ Books – mostly Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman and Clive Barker.
♥ My Halloween friends/family


What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?
Besides me being crazy? I am completely obsessed with all things Halloween – I mean really, really obsessed. They have not committed me yet…but it is only a matter of time.


What got you started in blogging?
I love sharing my silly stories with everyone….and then it became more about sharing what I create and my travels, be it to haunt convention or graveyards around the world. I just want to share with others the how much I love the world through Halloween eyes!!


What's one of your favorite things about where you live and what you do?
This one is tricky, in my town…I love my town, but sometimes it does not love me….not everyone likes creativity….unless is really safe. Halloween decorations = not safe. But the larger town I am close to (Portland) is a lot more interesting….we have a bar that is HP Lovecraft themed…..that just makes me smile….and buy way too many drinks.


If you could be something different from what you do, what would it be?
I recently became unemployed from a very corporate job. I cannot believe the amount of people that have come to me and said that this is a sign (which….not really my thing) and I should do “Halloween” for a living. I had no idea that so many people had such faith in my creations. If I could make scary decorations for a living…..that would be a happy frog queen.


What's different about you?
Not many people follow their creative instinct in a corporate world….you either fit into the mold or not. For a long time I separated myself between both worlds. I can tell you….that will hurt you in ways you will not understand. Even though I found friends in my corporate world that “liked” what I did….I could see in their eyes that they were just waiting for me to “get over” my phase. Which, now I see, they were just waiting for me to give up…..the world does not need more of that.


On the creative side – with what I do with my friends (crew/minions) for our display is to be sure that I never make anyone doubt what they are doing….love what you create. Always, always….express yourself creatively my friends. Your heart should never be broken and resigned to a lesser fate.


Your favorite place in the world?
Call me silly – sunny and warm is what most people like. But husband and traveled around the UK looking for a perfect home…and we like rainy and cozy…so (outside of) Edinburgh or St. Andrews is where I would move today. There is this castle in Dairsie…..it is absolute heaven. It is about 20 feet from a graveyard (we stayed there a few years back)….(squeal!!!) heaven on earth!!!


If you had one day to live what would you do?
Go somewhere I have never been…..I would head to the east coast of the US and visit some friends that I only see at haunt conventions or my friend in New York who is getting his first (major musical) play produced!!


What are you reading right now?
I just got a Kindle Fire for my birthday and I have been downloading free classic books….I just finished all the Sherlock Holmes books and am now reading Poe and H.P. Lovecraft.


What's on your iPod?
I live in an area that gets no snow (very rarely) but I have the new Kate Bush CD – 50 Words for Snow and I am so wishing that it would snow outside. It is the perfect winter album from my absolutely favorite singer/song writer. Not to be compared with….but I am also a Tori Amos fan….her new CD is the best thing she had done in 10 years….I actually can listen to the whole thing without skipping a song….have not been able to say that about her music in a while. And as “comfort food” I am a huge fan of anything Finn (both Tim and Neil) I am listening to Pajama Club, the latest CD from Neil and a few friends…and Tim just released a new CD…so we are bouncing back and forth an my iPod.


Three random things about you.
1. I hate spiders….but I think anyone that follows my blog knows that….they just creep me the *&@ out!!!


2. I hate my full name “Christine” – it was not until I got older and I could call myself “Chris” that I felt like a real person.  The definition of that name could not be farther from my belief system. My family still calls me “Christine” – just to make me angry.


3. I spent way too much time at Catholic school…..that is a special kind of torture. That is why haunted houses do not scare me.


If you had to write a book or make movie about you and your life? What would it be called and who would you choose to play you?
The Haunted House…that would be the title…or The Crazy Lady. I would love have Carolyn Jones or Angelica Houston from the Addams family show/movies. Cause if we are going to go that much fiction….that is who I would love to be. Plus I really want the house!!!


Dinner with three people dead or alive. Who and why?
1. Richard Fenyman – he was a genius that was able to access the rest of the world. Not too many people on his level can/could do that.
2. Steven Fry – he just makes me want to learn more…I so wish the Qi show was here in the US! I buy all his books and TV specials….he is definitely my favorite living person obsession. (You UK people have no idea how luck you are to have him!)
3. Tim Minchin - that is completely silly of me. But I have been a big fan of UK comedy for years….and his “Predujice” song is brilliant. Also being American, having “no christian” views makes me “not normal” – I would love to talk to him and say….not all Americans are the same….really some of us have a sense of humor. Now that I think of it….can I trade Tim for….
4. Neil Gaiman – the best story teller in the whole world. I probably would spend the whole dinner bowing at his feet.


What could you NOT live without?
The Davis Graveyard crew – which I am closer than to my actual family. They are the most creative and supportive people in the world. I am so lucky to have them in my life….and after that…black paint. Use about 20 gallons of it a year.


What would you do if you were a person of the opposite sex for a day?
I would talk to women and try to understand how men see them and maybe shed some light on our difference on communication. And then I would…..


If you could go back in time, what is the one thing you would change?
I had a very close friend that lost her son (and our friend) in a fire. Of all the gifts in the world I could give anyone….I would give her, her son back. I know that she misses him everyday of her life….to take that shadow off her heart…..I would give almost anything.


What is the one achievement that makes you the most proud?
That changes every year. But I would have to say that by creating this “being” called the Davis Graveyard, I have given a group of people the chance to be creative on a very large scale. To work alongside them creating things we almost did not believe possible….that is a constant joy to me. They never cease to amaze me!


What's your favorite color and why?
Red….it is scary and powerful….and I am a ginger, and I completely embrace the ginger!


What makes you happy?
Being around my husband….I adore that man – he is my world!


What makes you sad?
Those moments when I did not stand up for my (or someone elses) creative self.


Define the word sexy.
Someone that loves themselves without needing proof or verification from the world. You are what you believe you are…really, it is just that simple. Do not hide your light under a bushel!!

And now to get us in Friday party mood, here's a few Hooka Heels to get your drooling and dribbling...


Thought it would be appropriate to share these stunning heels seeing as I'm still on my Dukan Diet.  Aren't they sweet? and they're made by my favourite shoe designer Christian Louboutin, of course?
Wonder Woman heels
Python Leather Sky High Skinny Heels  *double drool*
Gianmarco Lorenzi Velvet satin corsage platform sandals


6 comments:

Melanie said...

checking out the blog...LOVE the tape measure shoes!!

Sausage Fingers said...

Got to admire a chick that loves frogs and wine but still hates spiders.
Cheers, Sausage...

G-Man said...

Jillie Bean...
Fuck YOU!!

:-)

YeamieWaffles said...

I read all of this and I now think Chris is an awesome guy, somebody who's certainly worth following to say the very least, just wow. Those shoes are cool too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That would be a wonderful thing to go back and change.

Anonymous said...

I have fun with, result in I discovered just what I used to be looking for.
You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man.
Have a great day. Bye

Review my homepage; buy twitter followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails