Saturday, 20 July 2013

Balloon Date

For Father's Day 2011, I took my Boerewors Hot Air Ballooing.  It was the best date ever!

Our anniversary Balloon Ride was a day to remember.  I booked us into a nearby resort for the night, where we enjoyed a romantic, delicious dinner by fire light.   The next morning we got up before sun rise.  It was freezing cold, but the sunrise drifting in a balloon at a few thousand feet was beautiful and deadly quiet.  You won't believe how silent it is way up there.

A once in a life time experience.


the View


Lookin' up

I'm not a morning person but this was a special occassion

Sunrise from a hot air balloon

11 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds wonderful...but I am terrified of heights so this would not have been a special date to me. Love the pictures.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What an amazing way to celebrate. I bet the silence is weird to hear - we're so used to some kind of sound.

Andrew Leon said...

Dragons fly over our house all the time. One time, one stopped and hovered just outside of my daughter's window. She really wants to go up in one.

Jen Forbes said...

Must have been beautiful up there together, very romantic!!

YeamieWaffles said...

This is amazing Lass! It would be one of my dreams to do one of these kind of things although I have heard scary stories that put me off a little, it really does seem an amazing experience though, the view is intensely awesome!

Bailey Schneider said...

Oh WOW!!!
This is something on my bucket list! How special!

Jo said...

We have balloons that fly above our area all the time. I have no desire to do it, not so much because of being up in the air, but coming down and being in a tipped basket and having to help fold it up etc. etc. Not my idea of fun. Love your pictures.

Flora said...

Hot air balloons look pretty, but I prefer to enjoy them from the ground.

Flora said...

Hot air balloons look pretty, but I prefer to enjoy them from the ground.

Sandy said...

I'm not a morning person either, think I might have perfered sunset over sunrise; then again the balloons are pretty from the ground. Sounds like you had an awesome time though.
Oozing Out My Ears

Cristy S said...

Wow!! How very romantic. My husband I an I saw one floating tonight. He said he would probably never be able to get me on one because of fears...he is probably right, but I will never say never.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails