Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Making Out in the Eighties

Growing up, I always wanted a real horse.  I used to spent hours drawing horses. I used to dream about having my very own pony.  I used to imagine what I'd name him and how I'd spend my time after school brushing his silky mane and plait his tail. 

I loved anything to do with horses, so when My Little Pony came on the market I wanted one! 

I'd spent ages combing the hair, washing the hair, re-combing the hair and the art was to keep the curl in the tail in tact.

It were a great wee Hasbro toy - small enough to hide in your school bag or pocket.  You could ALWAYS have your horse with you.  If your mum and dad were wealthy your Little Pony could have pretty transparent wings.



9 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I'm glad you found a way to make a horse part of your life. And one that was much easier to care for and less expensive!
Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
with the A to Z Challenge

Michelle Smith said...

Now I have the theme song stuck in my head!

Do they still have My Little Pony?

wellthisisunexpected.blogspot.com

Mich said...

Those pretty transparent wings are worth quite a bit now if they are still attached to the horse.

I still have all of my My Little Ponies. And sadly I think that collection is actually the most valuable thing I own....

Arlee Bird said...

Midnight Oil did some great stuff!

I'm fascinated by the people now who create the customized Little Ponies. They really come up with some creative stuff.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Megan Morgan said...

I had a bunch of ponies too! I even had that pink castle to put them in. I played for hours with that thing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Then it would be My Little Pegasus...

Jo said...

I remember those. They still have something similar around don't they. Never knew they came with wings. My little Pegasus indeed.

Cherdo said...

Midnight Oil! Ah, a classic from the MTV years - great song.

My granddaughter draws obsessively, and there are waaaay too many pictures of My Little Pony at my house.

Cherdo
www.cherdoontheflipside.com

Pearson Report said...

Ah… the My Little Pony craze still exists in my world. My daughter grew up with them and never out grew them.

Her excuse, "I need them for my job." Her job - she's a character designer for handheld video games. So, yes, she plays at her job, and plays with toys when she's not playing at her job.

She told me not to expect grandkids (her husband is in the same animation industry) and they don't think they can "share" their toys with offspring.

LOL - they have a hard enough time share with each other!

So, this little post had me grinning from ear to ear.

Great M post, Lass! I enjoyed it. I hope you're enjoying this A to Z journey!

Sent with smiles, Jenny, Pearson Report
2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
@PearsonReport

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails