You can also go and visit a few other bloggers that have signed up for this year's blog challenge HERE.
Go pop in and remember to leave comments - that is what the challenge is all about, after all.
Go pop in and remember to leave comments - that is what the challenge is all about, after all.
Today's installment for the letter J.
"Jeely Piece"
Pronounced: jee-lee pees
Definition: The Scottish version of a jam sandwich.
Usage: Oh ye cannae fling yer jeelie piece oot a twenty storey flat.Origin : Who gives a fekkin' rats arse? It tastes sooooo good.
The pretty wee Scottish market town of Jedburgh or as the Scots call it : Jeddart or Jethart, is a town and former royal burgh in the Scottish Borders and historically in Roxburghshire.
Home to the beautiful 12th century Augustinian Abbey.
![]() |
| Jedburgh |


12 comments:
Oh the famous jam sandwich!
Does Jeely Piece go well with wine, cuz now I'm craving a sandwich *minus the crocodile* That was hilarious:)
Cheers!
Sam
WriterlySam
Just eat it!
Old abbeys are really beautiful.
Wow, that abbey looks beautiful! There are so many reasons I should go visit Scotland!
Just stopping by from the A-Z Challenge list to say "Hi"
Really enjoyed your post honey, never heard of that before lol
Good luck with the rest of the challenge :)
xx
Dang. Makin' me hungry, here.
Funny!! Love the Scottish accents!!Good Post.
when people ask if you speak English we have to clarify: Scotish, irish, british, canadian, american, australian etc
That sounds pretty good to me.
Dark Thoughts Blog
I always though Scottish was a different language, and now I am convinced!
So like a peanut butter and jelly, hold the peanut butter (or oops, we were out of peanut butter)
Gillian, I loved it!! Thanks for sharing some Scots Speak with us!! Jeely Piece! Love it!!
Post a Comment