...for the first time in nearly six years!
I joined the Virgin Active in Meyersdal and I go at lunch time as its the only time I really get to go. Luckily work is about a ½km away so I'm there within a minute or so and I have an hour lunch and I can at least train for about 40 minutes, shower afterwards and be back at work within the hour.
I can't tell you how great it feels to be back and exercising again. I thought I'd be so stiff after Tuesday's workout but I was fine the next day. Perhaps my muscle has a memory like an elephant and it remember that at one stage in my life I was super fit.
So, the next step is to get a work out to tone this body. I will be seeing the consultant next week who will measure and weigh me, take my BMI and body fat and tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing. I know more or less what I should be doing at the moment but there are so many new machines at the gym and its all very confusing. I'm slowing working out how to work them again and hopefully by next week, I'll be back in the swing of things.
My wonderful husband also bought me an early birthday present that I can use at gym. My new little MP4 player keeps me entertained and business during my workouts and I can even plug my headphones into the TV's on some of the machines and watch CNN, BBC World and some of the sports channels. Pretty kewl, eh?
Thanks Riaan! What a soopa star.
Watch still space for a soon to be toned and skinny Gilz. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment