
Yesterday I was in “clean up” mode.
I got stuck into the “storage” areas of our home which has been bugging me for ages. Our study was looking like a building storage area and I got going there first.
I cleared out all the excess laminating floor boards from when we had our laminated flooring re-done. I carried all the flooring to the our garden hut and stacked it there. I tidied up the study and put everything in its place. I polished all the surfaces and leather chairs.
I then got stuck into our entertainment area which has also become a general storage place. I removed all our camping equipment and carried it to the trailer where it should be stored. I moved our black and white television into the lapa where the pool table is and tidied up there. I moved all the stuff that has been standing in the corner by the Jacuzzi since Christmas – all the decorations and our tree – into our garden hut as well. Also, things that have broken and that Riaan is going to fix, the old TV, our old microwave as well as empty boxes and bags of nonsense and excess tools and building equipment from when we had our floors and painting redone.
Our hut is now choc-a-block but at least it’s where its supposed to be and not collecting dust around the house.
By 4pm yesterday afternoon was exhausted. My legs are so stiff today…but I’m glad I got it all done. The house looks so much tidier now. Less clutter and now I can walk into the rooms without tripping over stuff.
Still lots to do but one step at a time.
I got stuck into the “storage” areas of our home which has been bugging me for ages. Our study was looking like a building storage area and I got going there first.
I cleared out all the excess laminating floor boards from when we had our laminated flooring re-done. I carried all the flooring to the our garden hut and stacked it there. I tidied up the study and put everything in its place. I polished all the surfaces and leather chairs.
I then got stuck into our entertainment area which has also become a general storage place. I removed all our camping equipment and carried it to the trailer where it should be stored. I moved our black and white television into the lapa where the pool table is and tidied up there. I moved all the stuff that has been standing in the corner by the Jacuzzi since Christmas – all the decorations and our tree – into our garden hut as well. Also, things that have broken and that Riaan is going to fix, the old TV, our old microwave as well as empty boxes and bags of nonsense and excess tools and building equipment from when we had our floors and painting redone.
Our hut is now choc-a-block but at least it’s where its supposed to be and not collecting dust around the house.
By 4pm yesterday afternoon was exhausted. My legs are so stiff today…but I’m glad I got it all done. The house looks so much tidier now. Less clutter and now I can walk into the rooms without tripping over stuff.
Still lots to do but one step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment