Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Mouse in da House!


There's a moose loose aboot the hoose.
We had a mouse!

I nearly died when I saw him last week. Riaan saw him first and omitted to tell me we had vermin! Grrrrrrrrrr

He's a cheeky wee thing. I was sitting in the office on You Tube and working on my blog when he strolled up on the desk. We both froze staring at each other and then I instantly pulled my legs up on the chair and screeched for Riaan to come and get rid of him.

Yes, I can handle spiders even snakes and parktown prawns but mice - NO WAY!

How did we get rid of the vermin I hear you asking?
We put out rat traps with nice stinky cheese but that little critter just nibbled the cheese off and snapped the traps.

Just the thought of vermin in my house breeding made me nauseas beyond believe.
Humble apologies to all those mouse lovers but I just get goosebumps thinking about it. I could hardly sleep for the fear of him crawling all over me and nibbling all my goodies in the kitchen.

He has since left the building.


4 comments:

Cheffie-Mom said...

Oh no!!! That gives me the creeps! I would freak out lol! Once I found a snake in our house...actually I think I would rather have found the mouse! I really love your posts. Sorry I have not been blogging lately! I have been taping shows which I am excited about because I was able to post them on my blog YAY!! If you get a chance to check it out, then let me know what you think. The more feedback I get the better I can make the segments Also, your stories are great and my whole idea behind this show is for other moms to share real stories like you do. Anyway, I’d love to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

You know. I just have one problem with this post. The line where you say you can handle Parktown Prawns! At least you can kill a mouse. Do you know how difficult it is to kill one of those Parktown Prawn buggers?

A Daft Scots Lass said...

You suffocate the fekkers in a jar.

Gill said...

Now a wee mousie I can cope with :-) They're kinda cute in a disney-like way LOL. Snakes, spiders, geckoes...no way!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails