Tuesday, 8 July 2008

Kaylin's temp shoots up to 40 degrees


Last night Kaylin was coughing a little while sleeping, she woke herself up at about 11pm with a coughing fit which launched into vomiting in her bed and loads of tears. I felt so sorry for her she was on fire, her cheeks were scarlet and her temp was 39.1 then. I gave her 5mls of Calpol.


I cleaned her up and took off her jammies, put her in the bed with me and by 2pm her temperature had shot up to 40 degrees. The Calpol had done nothing. So, I gave her 5ml Stopayne and she slept like a rock - poor wee thing.


I couldn't get her up this morning...she was dead tired (must've been all the meds) but her temp had gone and unfortunately I had to come to work (I have tons of contracts to get out today) and it broke my heart to leave her at school.


I have made an appointment to take her to the doc after work but I've told the teachers at school to keep an eye on her temperature and to call me if anything changes. Then I'll take her straight to the doctor.


With a temp like that there must be infection somewhere..


I can't stand it when my babies are ill...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails