Saturday, 12 July 2008

Megan's Learning THRASS



The THRASS (Teaching Handwriting Reading and Spelling Skills) system has been used at Megan's school since the beginning of the year and already Megan can recite the entire THRASS table off by heart!

I was astounded at first when I heard her rattling of names of random objects in a rhyme-like fashion. I asked her what she was saying and if it was a new song she's learnt at school. She said it was her "school work".

I asked her to say the rhyme again and she rattled off the same names of objects in the same order. I was blown away!!

When I asked her teacher what it was all about she told me it was the new THRASS system which introduces phonetics to 4 years olds for preparation for writing and ready skills used later on at primary school.
My wee button is a shiney one....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting! I've never heard of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails