Friday, 12 December 2008

12 Days of Christmas



Christmas is only 12 days away and I have done NO shopping whatsoever.

I guess I only really have to get for Riaan and the girls as most of Riaan's family are away this Christmas so we're spending the day with closed friends.

We've come up with something fun to do this year : we've made a list of everyone we need to buy for and we're exchanging gifts to the value of R30 - no more! 15 people are already.

I know R30 doesn't sound like much and let me tell you, you can't get much for R30 these days but its more for the chanllenge of it and seeing what we all can actually get for R30 for each other. Last year some funny things came out and I'm looking forward to what everyone comes up with this year.

Remember!! The environment this year when wrapping your Christmas prezzies. Think of other ways of wrapping your gifts : use scarves, hankies, unused fabric, knitted or crocheted bags or make your own homemade paper by getting the kids to decorate the newspaper by hauling out their paints and finger painting on it...it'll keep the kids busy and you'll be doing your bit for our planet.
Why don't you use those old Calendars from 2008 to wrap up the loot this year? Use the forces of natural as your finishing touches which normally include baubles and bows. Use leaves or flowers to decorate your gifts. Use some of the pine from your tree! or go the old fashioned route paint some pine cones.
Get creatve and think of those kewl alternatives...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails