Sunday, 8 March 2009

2009 CANSA Shavathon

The 2009 Cansa Shavathon was a huge sucess!!

Although I was very disappointed with the poor organisation of it all, we still had queues and queues of people from 8am until I left at 3:30pm. I didn't stop! Was on my feet the entire day spraying hair at The Glen Shopping Centre.

I was knackered when I got home yesterday afternoon and my spray finger was completely numb! I had to put deepheat on my forearm last night because I was cramping!

It was for a BRILLIANT cause and we raised tons of money and had fun doing it. We sprayed close to 1000 girls, boys, grannies, grandpas, mums and dads and we shaved over 800 heads too. So loads of cash for CANSA.
We were a small team of three sprayers and five shavers, at The Glen but worked really well together and I enjoyed chatting to everyone and hearing all the various stories that were being told in the queues between all the visitors. Overall a very emotional but fun-filled day.

We had a good few girls and ladies shave their heads completely! We had to first band their pony tails, then cut their long hair just above the elastic then shave their "pips" and obviously the hair would be donated to make wigs.
Way to go girls! You were very brave to go bare!

Some of the first customers for a spray

A very brave lady getting her hair chopped off by Ronellda

Snip snip snip

and its off!

Some of the shavers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted about the same thing today!
Love that people cut their long hair too, that's so cool!
You should really start hyperlinking to the main sites, that way you'll get loads of readers.

Anonymous said...

Well done G and the rest of your team.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails