Monday, 16 March 2009

Tracing Ancestors

So I've started tracing my ancestors via http://www.ancestry.co.uk/ and so far I've gone back to seven generations already and I'm so enjoying finding out who was who.

My roots are firmly secured in Scotland until quite far back. I'm in the process of going through 1812 censuses to find even more relatives. Jane is our maternal family name for sure. It goes back to Jane Fair born in 1800.

I've built quite a significant a family tree and can't wait to see if there are others out there that I can find and link to.

You should try it!


One of my ancestors - John B Dunlop (1840 - 1921)

Our possible link to Ireland. Jane Dunlop born 1807 in Ireland

4 comments:

Unknown said...

did you have to pay for it?

Janet said...

Now that sounds like a very good idea. I have a significant record of my Dad's side, not my Mum's - hmm, think I'll copy you!!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

No Belinda. It was a 14 day trial...

Mo said...

My sister thought it a great idea we do this. Till we discovered that our father his father, his father and everyone in their towns all had the same name.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails