Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Kaylin completed Aquatots

Kaylin has officially completed Aquatots and received all her ten badges. Well done Wee Peanut!

We had prizegiving on Monday. The only set-back is that mum has to get back in the pool.

Kaylin is a very stubborn little girl and kicks against change. She's a real little routine-lover. Marina Linde (her Aquatots teacher) and I have spent the last six weeks trying to coax her to get into the pool by herself, which she would eventually do half way through the class. She can do it all but didn't want to do it without her security blanket - thats her mum.

So... I'm back in the pool with KK from today twice a week until she's ready to do it all on her own. The only change will be that I will be on the side line and ONLY be there if needed. The teacher will do everything with her differently to the other group of kids that will be in the pool with her. Marinda will use her as the "example" for the other new beginners which hopefully boosts KK's confidence.

We will give her the next six weeks to be "weaned" into the fact that I'm in the pool but not doing anything with her. I will little by little move to the side, then the steps, then sit on the side with just my feet in and finally sit beside the pool, etc. until she's used to the fact that I will not be getting in with her.

I think it was too big of a shock too soon. Kaylin is still very much a mummy's girl who likes to be pampered. I know...its my fault but she's my baby!!!

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails