Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Grade 1 Class of 2013

So my wee lassies went back to school today and I return to work.

Urgh, the dreaded computer screen!

Megan checked into to Grade 4 and Kaylin starts Grade 1.

Big Day for me. Emotional Day...

I managed to keep my composure until I got to the car, then I got all emotional and sobbed all the way to work. She's so little and it's Mum's last time she'll do this!

So, I have no make-up left on my face, and I look a right sight walking into work this morning after being at home for three weeks.

Kaylin was well-prepared. All her bags packed and ready to learn to read. She looks so adorable in her school uniform, although its miles too big. She figured she looked so grown up and beautiful and indeed she does. My baby is so grown up. Here's a few shots of them "Back to School"

Kaylin in her Class
At home this morning, all smiles and excited
her tiny size 8 school shoes
Striking a Grown-up pose
Megan and Kaylin at school

12 comments:

Michelle Jordaan said...

Stunning Girls!

YeamieWaffles said...

I love these photos so much especially since I can only imagine the immense pride and happiness you feel watching Kaylin start life in her big school. Really wishing her the best of luck, it can be a bit of a nerve wrecking experience but I'm sure she's going to be fine and thrive. Sorry to hear it made you cry though haha, the pride you must have been filling is amazing to think about, your little girl all grown up, it's a wonderful thought!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

She'll be all right, mom!
Cute how they match. We didn't wear uniforms.

The Glebe Blog said...

Brings back memories of my four lassies a long while ago. Wonderful x

cat said...

Gosh she is tiny! Good luck to you - I hear being a mm of a grade 4 and grade 1 in the same year is tough!

G-Man said...

Beautiful like their Mum.
Make Up?
You don't need no stinking Make Up!
On your worst day you are Fine Fine Fine!!!!

JoeinVegas said...

Oh, she looks lovely. Growing up - so sad, but on to new adventures, and major events on the play ground.

Lovely Light said...

Just adorable!

squatlo said...

Oh, my! You, my dear woman, have your hands full!!! In a few short years there will be hounds sniffing around at all hours, phone calls interrupting your meals, and your home will be turned upside down with hot and cold running hormonal surges that rival a nuke plant meltdown...

Best of luck! (they really are adorable, you should be proud! You make pretty babies, ma'am!)

cyn knight said...

so adorable -- why do they have to grow up so damn fast?!?!

xxoo

Bright Side of Life said...

So cute, and they grow up way too fast.... WAAAH! :(

Matt Harvath said...

AHHHH...the memories. We take pictures of the first day every year. Pictures before leaving, pictures of them getting on the bus. Enjoy this age, soon they will grow out of it. My daughter is 9 and she didn't want us to take the bus picture this year. It was too embarrassing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails