Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Palm Beach

My Boerewors recently surprised me with an early birthday present - an air ticket and car hire to go and see my mum and dad - who live over 700km away on the Natal South Coast.  We couldn't afford for all of us to go down so I arranged that my big sister go with me and we make it a Morris family reunion.
 
It was fabulous. 

A Daft Scots Lass and her dad
It was bitter-sweet to see how my folks are getting really frail and old and don't want our help!   

We had a lovely 6 days together talking about old times and hanging out.  It was amazing to give my mum and dad a cuddle and share the love.  Everyone who has parents close by, NEVER complain about them.  You are truly blessed to have them in your daily lives and close to you. Cherish that.


My older sister, my wee Mum and A Daft Scots Lass
Taking #selfies with Mum (it was an entirely new concept to my Mum)
My mum and dad with their wedding day picture, showing how much height my mum has lost with her debilitating osteoporosis.  As you can see from the picture, My mum and dad used to be almost the same height.
My big sis and I
A Daft Scots Lass in the jacuzzi
A Daft Scots Lass at the beach late afternoon
 
Southbroom Beach



Our faces when the ice-cold Southbroom waves caught the back of our legs during a #selfie

8 comments:

Bailey Schneider said...

Awww you can feel the love coming from these photos. Family is everything. I think people who have their families close by take it for granted.
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and you look absolutely lovely in that blue dress
x

Bailey Schneider said...

Awww you can feel the love coming from these photos. Family is everything. I think people who have their families close by take it for granted.
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and you look absolutely lovely in that blue dress
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you and your sister got to go visit them. It's so hard to watch our parents grow old.

Penguin's Waddle said...

A beautiful post DSL. Wonderful for you and your sister to spend time with mum and dad. You clearly cherish and value them.

Andrew Leon said...

I haven't seen my parents in a dozen years, and they've never met their granddaughter.

The Glebe Blog said...

Greetings to your Maw and Paw from Newton Stewart. It probably hasn't changed much in 50 years.
You and the surf make a very pretty picture.

Marie Moody said...

Oh girl, so happy you're rockin' with us this week & comin' over to spread the good news! So happy for you that you got to see your mum & dad & lets not forget big sis! You all look so very happy. I know what you mean by saying people are blessed with their folks close by. My Mom moved to Vegas fir 15 yrs. & only saw her twice a year & maybe only once. We talked a lot on the phone, but it's not the same. She moved back in 2004 & past away in 2006. It was a bad year for me & Dave. We lost mum in April 20th, my step-dad May 24, and my BFF & MIL in December 6th that same year. I miss them all so much. I don't trust well so I really don't have that many people I let close to me, but you dearest make me happy when I see your lovely smile & hear you speak. So sweet, so nice & oh so funny! Love Love Love your pic with you & your wee lasses! It's new right? So please pop in & out when you can & don't forget big big HUGE give away for our 200th week celebration at 4M's (7 more weeks) HUGS & So happy you had a nice Mother's Day! HUGZZZZZZZZZ

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I adore the photos. You may be daft, but you are a precious beauty of a lass. My daughter, Hannah Bug, looks so much like you.

Your parents are precious. So glad to hear you got to have that wonderful visit.

Speaking of visits, I'm returning your visit to Life & Faith in Caneyhead from the AtoZChallenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails