Friday, 7 September 2012

Featured Friday Follower and a Shoegasm



Yipppeeeee It's Friday again, Plonkers and this week I interview fellow South African Blogger, Michelle who is very fond of Cappuccinos and Fanta Grape - but not together. 

She lives in Pretoria with her hubby and 3 huskies.  Michelle loves being South African and is very proud of her country and its people. Her and I share a love for our toilet paper being over, not under, hand sanitizer and is a fellow drum majorette.  Halt, check, one, two!

Go visit her blog, Past Midnight, and leave a comment and follow her.

What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?

My husky voice – It was never always like this – circumstances made it this way.

What got you started in blogging?

I started blogging after another online friend was doing it! I succumbed!!!!!! Peer pressure and all you know.

Whats one of your favourite things about where you live and what you do?

The vibe! There is a noticeable difference between Johannesburg and Pretoria. Almost snobby, very fast paced, compared to laid back, not so rushed, we’ll get to it when we get to it kind of attitude. I grew up in Jo’burg and The Husband in Pretoria, and he very much has that attitude (which gets on my last nerve no doubt, but he’s ok, I think I will keep him). I have only been living in Pretoria for about 5 years, but whenever I make the small "trek" to visit the folks, I actually start to get anxious.
If you could be something different from what you do, what would it be?

I recently made that change as a matter of fact – I always sat in an office because it was "safe" – by nature I am creative and it makes me feel like a caged and enraged bear to sit in an office, so I decided to finally let go and be the photographer I always wanted to be. It’s working out pretty well for me! I love it! Follow me on my new
Facebook page, there are always free give aways!

High Five for free stuff!
You can also view my other blog which showcases / will be showcasing some of my work.

Your favourite place in the world?
Curled up on the couch with a good book. If you had asked me this question 4 years ago, my answer would have been very different. Probably dancing the night away on in a bar with some friends drinking, swearing, guffawing having fun.

Singapore and New Zealand also rank up near the top there somewhere.
 
If you had one day to live what would you do?
Probably spend my husband’s money.
 
What are you reading right now?
Nothing, **gasp** Shocking I know! My last read was Marian Keyes "Anybody Out There", but haven’t picked up another book since I finished that one a couple of weeks ago.
 
Whats on your iPod?
iPod? MP3/4 player… what’s that? I read somewhere once that you can judge a person’s character by the way they act when they have to untangled Christmas lights. The VERY same thing happens with earphones, so it’s just dumped in a drawer at home. You get the picture.

A Few random things about you
I went to have my tongue pierced when I lived in the UK, but chickened out and got a tattoo instead. I also kept that a secret from my family for about 2 years.

My eyes go almost luminous green if I have been crying and I get a red patch on my cheek bone where I got hit in the face by a mace during drummie practice one night.
I hiccup A LOT….. Like as in 2 or 3 times an hour. Every hour.
I have an obsession with pretty Tea Towels – I collect them. I also collect, sanitizing wipes, waterless hand sanitizer and pretty socks. My best friend
Tandi says I’m odd. But she likes me and my oddness is very entertaining apparently.

Dinner with three people dead or alive. Who and why?

I wouldn’t like to have dinner with dead people. But living:

Oscar Pistorious – To tell him to put on his big boy underpants and get over it! And then I’d give him some ice-cream and tell him to go play outside. Nicely.
Fernando Torres – Viva Chelsea!!!!!! Because he is perfection personified! Dessert anyone?
I’m only going to go with 2 here, because once Oscar is playing outside, to be fair, my dear Fernando deserves my FULL attention ;o)

In anyone’s shoes for a day and why.
Absolutely no one! Because that old saying if you put your problems in a pile with everyone else’s, you would take yours back, is more true than the sky blue! I have enough of my own shite to deal with thanks, don’t want to experience anyone else’s.
 
Who’s your hero?
My Husband – he saved my life – if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be here today.
 
What could you NOT live without?
Lip Balm! Without a doubt. Oh and my phone.
 

What would you do if you were a person of the opposite sex for a day?
This could go so many ways, but if I was a man for a day…. When in Rome people, When in Rome… I would stop thinking!
 
If you could go back in time, what is the one thing you would change?
I wouldn’t have been able to change it, but if I could have, I would have stopped my miscarriage.
 
What is the one achievement that makes you the most proud?
This is a difficult one, I have so many, but now that the question is on the table, they all seem so shallow and superficial when you look at the bigger picture.
 
What’s your favorite color? And why
Pink is my fav a rit colour!…. It’s a feel good colour for me.

What makes you happy? Or What makes you sad?
Spending money makes me happy, spending money also makes me sad….
My husband also makes me happy, and he also makes me mad sad
Not falling pregnant like we had hoped also makes me very very very very sad.
 

Define the word sexy.
The dictionary says:

sex·y
1. concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué
2. sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality
3. excitingly appealing; glamorous
4. Michelle J
What? How did that get there?

Thanx for agreeing to be my Featured Friday Follower.








It wouldn't be Friday without  couple 'o pairs of pretty heels.  This week all the shoes are from a local site, Zando.  They have some brilliant shoes.  Go check these ones out.


Stunning Gweneth and only R389
Plum PlatformsR399
Caprice Platforms R429





6 comments:

kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

preeeeeeeety shooooooooooes

Michelle said...

Love Lurve Luff the Gweneth!

Thanks for the feature! Much appreciated!

x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Untangling Christmas tree lights and ear phones - I know what she's talking about.

BamaTrav said...

I've said it before and I will say it agian, those shoes would look sooooo much better if they were up in the air ;)

G-Man said...

Jildo....
Fuck You!!!!

YeamieWaffles said...

I love the shoes Lass but what I really love in particular is the interview with Michelle! Reading Michelle's post about what happened a year ago and how she and her husband dealt with it made me feel half saddened and half happy and inspired. To come back from all of that hell swinging and fighting is incredible, Michelle seems like a phenomenal lady and Brian a phenomenal man. The fact that she supports Chelsea sweetens the deal too, Champions of Europe baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails