

Megan did so well walking the ramp today at the school's Miss Valentine competition. My heart was full and I was beaming with pride.
However, she didn't get a place in the final. When the final names were read you could see the disappointment on her face (her little lip popped out and her eyes got all watery). My heart went out to her because she'd worked so hard and was so excited about it. Counting the sleepies.
Afterwards, I took her one side and gave her a big cuddle and kiss and told her she's is MY No. 1 girl and that she is still VERY special and beautiful even if she didn't win. Not everyone can win. She said "Okay, Mum" jumped up and ran off to play with her friends.
I think she was more interested in the cake than anything else. This was a big step for us as she wore all GIRLS clothes, shoes and even earrings and a necklace. She even asked me to brush her hair before they started the show.
Megan takes the ramp by storm
Friends - before the big event
My beautiful Megan (MY WINNER)
The audience behind the fence. They all looked like wee monkeys
The girls 
2nd Runners Up. Ryan and Thando





2 comments:
Well done Mgean I bet you looked fabulous. Well done mom for comforting her so well too.
Aww Gil she looked gorgeous!!
Post a Comment