Sunday, 31 May 2015

Go For Pinks, Daddy-O!

Grease.  

Not only was it a great movie, it had an amazing sound track and it took us back to fifties when it was all about diners, greasers, rockabilly, leather jackets, wide skirts and red lips.

When goody-two-shoes Olivia Newton John (Sandy) and greaser, John Travolta (Danny) have a summer romance and find themselves attending the same high school.  

All sorts of adventures happen...

My favourite scene is the dancing scene between Danny and Sandy "Born to Hand Jive"  It's pretty obvious who is the dancer and who is trying to keep up.  It's quite sweet...all those petticoats swishing and cheesy moves.  Travolta really shines on the dance floor and the fact that his sexy slicked back, black hair and his chin dimples are on display, will make any lass swoon.

"Tell me About it, Stud!"....Watch this and take a trip back to the fifties.




I adore this rockabilly version of Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love.





This kinda dancing makes me want to get up to boogie woogie and jive.




Couldn't have a post about rockabilly and NOT include the King of Rock 'n Roll - Elvis!!!



7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The first Grease was much better than the second.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I never saw the second one, Alex.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Grease is a fun movie. I started watching the Grease 2 (Netflix), but haven't finished it. I can't remember why I stopped it now. I'll have to pick back up with it. You have a whole lot of new tunes here this morning for me to absorb. Yee-haw, it's rockabilly time! :D

Mad World #BOTB

stevebethere said...

I like Grease too the whole soundtrack is fun Frankie Valli is one of my favourites so glad he done the Grease track :-)

I enjoyed the vids I do like a bit of Elvis now and again :-)

Have a returntosendertastic day.......trying saying that after a few vodkas :-)

Marie Moody said...

Wow, I haven't heard some of these in forever, but I'm luvin' them Rockabilly is really jumpin' stuff! Way ta go girlfriend! You're ROCKIN' the House! And wow Elvis song I've never heard before. WOW! YOU SO ROCK MY FRIEND!!!! Thanks for joinin' us! woo hoo!

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE grease, and LOVE all your song choices! You ROCK! :)

No Tomatoes Here! just a Good Girl who Smoke When I Drink, Only Prettier – This One’s For The Girls!

Joyce Lansky said...

I love Grease, but Rockability was fun, too. My father-in-law taught Elvis how to tie a tie. I married into a Memphis family, and my Uncle Bernard was the clothier to the king. My husband was invited to ride in the limo when Elvis died but couldn't make it home from college.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2015/06/mm-misheard-lyrics.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails