Monday, 4 May 2015

Monday Music Moves Me

Photobucket It's been quite a while since I've participated in one of Xmas Dolly's Monday Music Moves Me.  Its nice to be back, my friend. 

Today's I'm swingin in with some good old fashioned blues and soul. 

Lets start with Rory Gallagher was a brilliant Irish-born rock and blues guitarist with the Taste band in the 60s and then solo 70s and 80s.  He was known for his non-stop touring and endless energy on stage. 

This bloke's fear of flying eventually made him use strong sedatives and alcohol to cope.  His liver gave in eventually and after his liver transplant he just never pulled through ...amazing riffs!



John Lee Hooker was an American blues singer, songwriter and guitarist. He was born in Mississippi and he developed his own driving-rhythm boogie woogie style distinct from the 1930s–1940s.  Love his stuff



The Queen of Soul.  I adore everything about this woman!



Have a blues post without including Robert Johnson?  It just wouldn't be right.  This Delta Blues musician allegedly sold his soul to the devil at The Crossrods in Mississippi in exchange for guitar playing powers.




and some blues harmonica




11 comments:

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I didn't know Rory Gallagher but everybody else was old friends! Nice Monday mix, Gillian.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I can listen to Aretha Franklin any day though I'm not a huge blues fan.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I can listen to Aretha Franklin any day though I'm not a huge blues fan.

stevebethere said...

Good combination of choices good ole Aretha :-)

Welcome back have a tanfastical week :-)

antipathti.com said...

Lively bit of blues and soul. Thanks! And good luck on Thursday- may your lum be reekin and other such Burnsian nonsense :-p

Marie Moody said...

Luvin' your blues baby girl and so very happy to see you, and hear yOU ROCK the HOUSE! WOO HOO! Hubby is always playin' Hooker with his friends. He's definitely HOT! Bonnie Riatt, JJ, * Cray, and then Aretha... don't get none better than that!!!! Robert JOhnson definitely Bluzin' it up... MAMA YOU ROCKED THE HOUSE TODAY! WELCOME BACK! woo hoo!!!!

Mike Golch said...

great tunes,thanks for sharing them,and welcome back!

Joyce Lansky said...

Here's some heel tapping fun. Thanks!

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2015/05/ww-ericas-award.html

Cathy Kennedy said...

My Daft Scots Lass...I don't listen enough to the rhythm and blues, so it's nice when I find someone such as you who enjoys it a lot who picks the best R&B to share in one post. Thanks for stopping in for a visit. I hope you have a tunetastic week!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the comment on my music blog. Are you leaving a vote for Metallica? I need to make sure so I can add it to the battle count. Or maybe you were just leaving a great comment about a concert you'd seen? Let me know, please.

Colette S said...

Tis good to see you around these parts again Lass!
Glad you joined us. and Thanks for the tunes!
Aretha so powerful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails