Sunday, 5 July 2009

my eyes filled with tears watching the Dying Swan

The Imperial Russion Ballet Company were SPECTACULAR! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift from Mick and Janie. It was out of this world.



The first half of the show was full of drama, heavy opera music and non-traditional comptemporary ballet which I really enjoyed as it was so different and like NOTHING that I'd seen before.

The second half of the show was scenes from all the traditional ballets, Don Quixote, Swan Lake, Romeo and Juliet all on pointe. It was phenominal. The athleticism and strength of the men and the technical ability and gracefulness of the women -it was TOP CLASS and quite clearly the BEST of the BEST.



The years of practise from these talented artists was pure perfection and seriously took my breath away. My eyes were twinkling, my heart was dancing and The Dying Swan from Swan Lake brought tears to my eyes. All the lights were turned out, the music began and one spotlight shon on a sole ballerina with her ice-white tutu on pointe. She was breath-takingly beautiful, flawless in her dance and spent almost 3 minutes on pointe. It was so moving - you could feel the emotion in her movements and the sadness in her dance... I was balling like a baby.


It was just magnificently brilliant. The dancers showed so much character and comedy in their dance. In one scene one of the men dancers came on dressed in the traditional women's ballet tut and point shoes and danced like I'd never seen before. A man on pointe? All tongue in cheek of course but it blew me away...



My sister didn't feel up to going at the last minute as she'd gone to the gynae the day before and the doc told her to slow down and take it easy. So, I VERY GLADLY took my mum who enjoyed it just as much as I did. By the end of the performance our hands were throbbing from all the applause. How could you NOT applause such perfection and talent??


A huge thanx to Mick and Janie for the best night out with my mum...it was so very special.




Don Quixote.
These two were born to tell a story through dance
The Dying Swan



With our coats on as it was freezing and
KK who pushed her way into the photo to pose.
Mum and me getting ready to leave.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails