Thursday, 16 January 2014

Back To School

So my wee lassies started Grade 5 and Grade 2 yesterday.

Megan remains in her school and starts e-learning this year. No books, everything is done on their tablets.   It's a big change for the learners, but it's a change they're all very excited about.  She's not very happy with the register teacher she's been assigned to, but that's beyond my control and the school's decision.  Should it become a problem, I'll step in.

Kaylin goes to a brand new private school where she doesn't know any of the teachers, any of the learners and doesn't know her way around the school. Its pretty daunting for her and there was lots of tears on her first day at her new school. I know its the best environment for her.

With her SIDS, ADHD and ODD having maximum of 18 girls in the class is perfect for her. She gets more attention and there is no fear of her being left behind or left in the dark. It's a peaceful environment out in a country setting.   She just needs times to get used to her teachers, her friends and her environment.

It will only take time to settle, and at this stage, I'm taking it day-by-day.

I only got pix of Kaylin to share, because her big sister refused to pose.

  
 

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope Kaylin adjusts quickly. She certainly is a little ham!

The Glebe Blog said...

Photographs to treasure.
Takes me back a few years. I just posted similar photos on Facebook for my twin daughters 40th birthday.

Slamdunk said...

Glad to see a smiling face on the first day of school--they are frowns around here. Well, but our parenting faces are all smiles when the kids have to start.

Marie Moody said...

Uniform and all she is the cutest lil' thing I've seen in a very long time. I had to wear a uniform when I went to Catholic Grammar School. It was a jumper and a blouse with a neck tie, but in 7th thru 8th it was a bolero and a skirt. I had to get special permission to where the skirt and vest cuz my boobs got to big for the jumper in 6th grade. LOL Have a great day! Definitely a cutie pie just like her mum.

J.Day said...

Everything done on tablets? My how times have changed! A lot lighter load to carry around though. I remember my back packs - oh some of those were very heavy!

And I'm sure the kiddo will learn to love her new school and all that goes with it. Like you say, give it time. :o)

One A Day Tech said...

Aww adorable :)Following

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails