Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Hotter Than the Bottom of My Laptop

Well, butter my bum and call me a biscuuit!  We're enduring a Heatwave here in Johannesburg, South Africa. 

We've been struggling with temperatures of between 32 and 36 degrees C.  It's even worse when you're traveling in the car!

It's been unbearably hot and I'm battling to sleep at night because we don't have air conditioners - only fans!  I have heard that wrapping a damp scarf around your neck, or using damp sheets at night keeps you cool... 

Immediately, I thought of my mum who would say "that will make you catch your death, or even worse, Pleurisy".  My mum loves to say "catch your death" and low and behold, my sister and I are still around to tell ALL the stories...

Well, last I heard someone contracting pleurisy was...oh wait! NEVER, so I really don't think I have much to worry about.  Bring on those WET SHEETS.  Let's lube-up for the night.  Just don't tell my Mum.

Have you any other tips from staying cool in 40 degree weather?!!?


1 comment:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I love the heat, except when I want to sleep. Putting ice in front of your fan will cool it off until the ice melts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails