Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Grow Yer Mo and an Update

Hello everyone!

Oh I know its been a while....4 months to be exact, Plonkers.

My blogging has taken a back seat to real life for about a year now...

Being a full-time working mum of two very busy girls and a very busy social life, its hard to find time to blog every day.  I'm actually not sure how I did it for 7 years before that?  I guess you just make time - like everything else.  Well, during those 7 years I did get a little side tracked by the blogging community and so I wanted to take some time to refocus on what I really wanted to do and where I wanted to spend my time.  You can so easily get sucked into the blogging world and spending more time speaking to faces you've never met, than spending the time with the REAL people in your life.  By real people, I mean family and friends you see in real life on a regular basis.  I'm not saying that the blogging community are not REAL.  Not at all!  I'm just saying they are online relationships with awesome, real people that you've never met.

I am still quite a social media whore and I'm now on FB, Twitter and Instagram mostly.  Some of you have found me on Twitter and follow me there, some of you on Instagram.  My FB is mainly for family and very close friends.  I don't have hundreds of Friends that I post random shit to.  I use it mainly to keep in touch with family overseas and far away.  Kind of like my blog actually, thats why I started it all those years ago.



Something that has changed in my life, is that I've found a love for running, specifically trail running.  I've always been pretty active, going to gym and Pilates but I never thought running would become part of my life as previously it always came across as something really BORING.  Well, for me its time to think, time to put my favourite music on full blast in my ears and enjoy the alone time. 

So, its Movember Plonkers which means all those men here in South Africa are growing their facial hair to create awareness for men's health, specifically cancer but also things like depression in men and prostate health.  The aim is to Grow Yer Mo aka Moustache in showing support for these causes.

My Boerewors aka Hubby is taking part and is trying to raise money for the cause over HERE.  Go check him out and make a pledge.
 
Are you taking part in Movember?

So, how have you all been??  I'd love to hear from you. 

Leave a comment and say hello. 

I have noticed a lot of my previous follows are not blogging anymore either.  I really have to update my reading list....eeek!  lots of work to do to catch up with my blog. It's possible that I may be redesigning the look of the blog as I find it a little outdated.  It's not going to be over-night though, it will be gradual.


5 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Sooooo many of the people you and I knew when we started blogging are long gone! It's a whole new world out here. Glad to see your face again!

Andrew Leon said...

No, not running!
Anything but running...
Run away! Run away!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good to hear from you! Trail running is very cool.

Click said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging.

My husband is doing the Mo-thing as well this year. At the moment it's still in that short spiky phase. I just hope he doesn't want to keep it into December. I have a knitted moustache that I keep on my desk at work, I'll pop it on towards the end of the month when they start taking photos of all the people taking part, hehe.

Have fun with your running.

cat said...

Great to see you blogging again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails