Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Just waiting for my arsehole to fall out...

My dad was in a car accident on Monday morning (see previous post) and is in Port Shepstone hospital. Mum doesn’t drive and I’m more worried about her being on her own dealing with all of this. Her landline was out of order yesterday which made it even worse for her.  She felt so alone and isolated because she couldn't get to my dad.  Thankfully my dad's CT scan came back clear but they wanted to keep him because of his high blood pressure and his head injury.  Waiting to hear the outcome of the blood tests the paramedics took.

Secondly, I get a call yesterday from my Boerewors to say he’s been suspended pending an investigation and he has no idea what its all about. His job is on the line and he has no clue what its all about.   Labour lawyers here we come!

Thirdly, Megan is desperately unhappy at school and is acting out. The after-care teacher asked her what is wrong and she said she's bored.  I had to chat with her last night to try and find out whats up with her. She's battling to fit, I think. Because they don't understand she's always played with boys (Megan is a die-hard Tomboy) and finds it difficult to fit in with the girls. They don't know her that well yet to know these things and she's finding it difficult to make friends and find her space at school.  Its making her very unhappy.  She said she's too shy to make new friends.

Our home was flooded over the weekend again with all the rains, luckily a good friend, Percy, came over and fitted a circuit and bouy attached to a pump that kicks in and drains water when the level gets to a certain point.  Thank you Percy!

However, we're living in what looks like a squatter camp.  My lapa is a mess, the grass and garden is so saturated in rain water that I have to put my Wellies on and squelch through the mud to get to where the cars are parked.  Its a nightmare. 

I have not had a good few days…and a person can only handle so much.

Asking for positive karma and prayers (thats all)

Sorry I haven't been reading or comment on your blogs.

21 comments:

Mick said...

Stay strong......this is all a big test! YOU WILL SCORE HIGHLY!

Marcelle said...

Gillian things happen in 3's but you have that added one making it 4!!
Heavens girl where do you get the strength from...
I'm still struggling with things back home...and like you keep the positive thoughts,love, light and prayer going, what else can we do.

I'm sorry that you are going through all this right now..take it one step at a time...affirm positive thoughts and wait for the universe to reward you...

natural girl said...

First time I've stopped by and just wanted to let you know I am sending you buckets and buckets of love and warm fuzzy thoughts.Keep you chin up and know that you are loved. xx

JessGiggles said...

Sending you positivity, hugs and lots of love! I know it's hard to remember, but we are only given that which we can handle and grow from!
Will be thinking of you, your family, and your well-watered garden.

angel said...

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Kim Ayres said...

((hugs))

Shayne said...

Can anyone say anything to make it better?

Let's hope this is a wakeup call for your dad - would he go to rehab?

Re Megan - give her time. My eldest had EXACTLY the same problem. She is also a tomboy and started at a new school with no friends. As much as your heart breaks for her there is very little you can do. She WILL find her way, i promise. It just takes time (mail me if you need to chat about this i could write a book).

WIsh the rain was falling here we are in such desperate need of it. Will your insurance cover all the damage.

Be strong and stay focussed. You are in my thoughts and prayers. xxx

Natacha said...

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) Thinking of you!!!

Marcelle said...

Thanks for that comment Gillian, got so much flak from some bloggers really upset me I deleted the whole paragraph...how did you get to read it, via your feed reader??

Shane at Environmental Health-Wellness-Beauty,LLC said...

Sending love and prayers. My hubby got laid off last Friday without even as much as 2 weeks pay. Jobs here in the states are scarce and we are pretty depressed. You know they say when one door closes another opens and I really think that is bullshit! LOL.

I pray all works out for you. Life really sends it to us sometimes eh? Glad your dad is going to be okay. Hang in there and I am sending love...

-Written Reflections and Photos- said...

Hang in there...hope it gets better for ya.

Ninnles said...

Sending Positive vibes your way! The only way you can go from here is up! Hang in there!

natural girl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. We all have crap weeks and its the love from our fellow bloggers that can help get us through.
I was born in Scotland too Glasgow actually and left when I was 3 and have lived in NZ ever since. Just married my long time love. We both have far too many children and grandcjhildren but we love it. Thanks again for your support of my blog and know that I'm still sending as much love your way as I can. xxx

Sanjay Maharaj said...

Remain positive. Life indeed tests us to the full extent sometimes. Hope better days are ahead,sending you some good luck your way

Technogran said...

Sounds like you are due some good luck. Hang in there, it will all turn around.

cat said...

Oh girl, such a lot to handle and you have to stay strong. With girlchild - I am sure it will work out. With Boerewors, oh my gosh, I hope it all pans out. Your poor mommy.

Lots of positive thoughts and God's love and light to you.

The Peach Tart said...

Sending you hugs. I hope things get better soon.

Laura said...

Oh no :( I went through a suspension with H - someone in the dept committed fraud and so they were all suspended!

It was the most stressful time - thinking of you!!

KK said...

What a bad week girlie! I hope things start looking up soon!

Cheryl McCree said...

Praying that everything will work out

Sally-Jane said...

I am so sorry that things are so hard at the moment. Thinking of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails