Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Insomnia Sucks!



When I awoke this mornin'
When all sweet things were born
A Robin sat upon the sill
Sang sweetly to the morn

The bird who sang so sweetly
His breast fire-truck red
I gently closed the window
And squashed his fuckin' head!

Insomnia sucks!  Another night of tossing and turning and wishing to fall asleep.  Lying wide-eyed, body exhausted.  I finally got to sleep at 3am this morning and when the twittering of the birds awoke me - I could've killed every single bloody one of them.



Remember its Blog Action Day 2010 this Friday! 
Go Register Insomniacs!
(even The White House and the UK Foreign Office will both be joining us in blogging about water on Blog Action Day this year)

9 comments:

MMBB said...

Ugh! Just like me, hours to fall asleep and then toss and turn all night. Stupid brain just won't switch off!

jacksofbuxton said...

When Mrs Jack struggles to sleep we have a plan.

I go to the bottom of the stairs and shout up "When I get in that bed,I'm going to give you the biggest seeing to you've ever had."Climb stairs,enter bedroom,Mrs Jack snoring.

Job done.

Max Evel said...

Drink lots of beer !

Brian Miller said...

ack. hope you get some sleep...

Copyboy said...

I hear you. Ugh. Last night I experienced the same thing.

Akelamalu said...

There's nothing worse than insomnia - especially if you have to go to work. :(

Thankfully, I'm retired. :)

Crazy Brunette said...

That sucks hooker... I'm the exact opposite. what the word for someone who sleeps ALL the fucking time???w

RawknRobynsGoneBlogWild said...

Insomnia sucks, but it inspires great poetry from you. Thanks for the laughs, and I wish you a solid night's sleep.
xoRobyn

WhisperingWriter said...

I'm sorry, my husband had Insomnia and I know it was difficult for him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails