Mum has been diagnosed with diabetes that she could probably control with her diet at this stage. No insulin is needed yet but the Dietician has been around to give my mum an Eating Plan to stick to. They want to keep her in to get her sugar levels balanced and under control and then she can go home. Oh crikey, I just wish I could be there to give her a big cuddle and kiss...
Riaan's hearing has been going on all day! He is emotionally and physically exhausted. They've hauled out the Big Guns and are trying to nail him on every tiny little thing that has happened during the 7 months that he's been with the firm. Its ridiculous...surely attacking his integrity is not legal? Best of all, none of this was even discussed with him first, he was just slapped with a Gross Misconduct Disciplinary Hearing. I'm so angry with them. Gross Misconduct is serious and all the charges against him certainly cannot be categoriesed as GM. He is representing himself and he surely isn't a Lawyer. I hope he said enough to save his job to at least bide us time so that he can find other work. If not, it will be off to the CCMA for an Appeal. Final closing statements and mitigating circumstances will be on Monday *sigh*...and the saga continues for us all...
I'm knackered.
11 comments:
Gillian my thoughts are with u during this tough time, so hard for hubby as well..
So glad that your mom hasn't got something too serious and that the diabetes can be controlled with diet. Must he a weight off one shoulder...
Will keep your hubby in my thoughts. *hugs*
Oh gosh, this does not sound fair. Will keep you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.
Glad to hear your Mum is going to be ok. Good thoughts for hubby!
I hope things go well for your husband and family. (((HUGS)))
I'm sorry for your troubles. I hope your mom will be able to keep her blood sugar levels down.
Good grief, I'm wishing you all the best and for the right outcome for your hubby.
Sending you big hugs and love,
T
Both my parents have diabetes. So far I'm okay.
I joined your blog not long ago, and I'm not familiar with his situation with work and what the hearings are all about.
Wow, you are having a rough week. That is just not right!
My thoughts are with you with the WORK situation. However, you can be angry with them and I can sympathise with you but without knowing the whole story it is difficult to pass judgement. This sort of thing doesn't happen without warning signs and I would suspect that someone has been stabbing him in the back, possibly the business is not doing so well and they are trying to save costs.
I would not be representing myself if I was that confident of their wrong doing, I also would consider handing my resignation if I was not confident of a favourable outcome, maybe ask for a GOLDEN HANDSHAKE.
At least it is controllable through diet, although that can be easier said than done!
I hope that things work out for your hubby. I need to go back a few posts and catch up!!
Glad she has a diagnosis, sorry its not a good one.
And I'm so sorry your man is having such a hard time.
Strongs.
Post a Comment