For the past 7 or 8 months, I've been keeping a little piggie bank tin (thats glued shut so I can't open it when tempted). I only put in the odd note and silver (R5 coins, R2 coins and R1 coins) when I have in my purse.
I brought it to work today, as we are going away as a family in April, and I thought we could the proceeds towards paying for the deposit of the holiday or some spending money while we are there. I was amazed at how much money was in there.
After hauling out the tin opener to get the tin open, I piled up the coins in tidy little piles in order to count it. I got R940.00 out of that little tin!!
Not bad, eh? Roll on Holiday at the Beach

2 comments:
wow that's well done!! And happy birthday to Megan!
oh what a lovely surprise! enjoy your holiday gilly!
Post a Comment