Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Running and Dancing in the Rain


On Sunday the girls were bored and we were sitting outside on the veranda watching the rain. Kaylin (as you know) is terrified of storms and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for her to get over her fear of storms and the rain.

I asked Megan if she wanted to run in the rain - well what child does not want to run in the rain and get wet? So I took Megan's hand and we ran around the garden getting soaked. Kaylin was watching from the veranda with a hesitant look at first.

I then asked her if she wanted to run in the rain. The answer: "Nuh uh" shaking her head from side to side. I asked Riaan to come and join us and he look Megan for another run. Kaylin's hesitant look turned into a little smile and she eventually took her dad's hand and ran around the garden in the rain, getting her feet wet on the grass and the rain drops soaking her tiny little t-shirt.

Lets hope this gets her over her phobia of the rain and storms...just a pity I didn't take photos...I guess I was enjoying the moment too much.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails