Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Day 18 - The 30 Day Blog Challenge

Topic - Something you crave a lot.

Welcome to Day 18 of The 30 Day Blog Challenge!

The only time I really crave something is when I know I can't have it, or would have great difficulty acquiring it.


I had big-arse cravings when I was pregnant (both times)


With Megan, it was truck loads of strawberries from Woolies and jam doughnuts (incidentally thats why I landed up lookin' like a fucking doughnut). 

I craved them so badly that one fretful day I tried to microwave a day-old doughnut.  I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into that baby and when I did, I blistered my chin and lips biting into a doughnut filled with bubbling hot jam! 

It was NOT funny, but my mum and Boerewors thought I was fucking hysterical.  Only A Daft Scots Lass would microwave a doughnut and not think of the consequences.  I blame porridge brain.


When I was pregnant with Kaylin, my craving was Beef flavoured potato chips.  I had to have a packet everyday at the same time.  It was pathetic - I couldn't control it.  At least they were not lethal like jammy doughnuts, but they did pack on the pounds.


What I crave these days is:

  • Penguin Chocolate Biscuits
  • Boerewors
  • Mum's freshly baked homemade shortbread
  • A White Christmas
  • A hot bubble bath with NO interupptions
  • A REAL can of IRN Bru
  • To fit into my size 10 jeans again


5 comments:

jacksofbuxton said...

A couple of years ago I was struggling to get into a 34" waist pair of jeans.So I've dieted hard,lost 2 and 1/2 stone.Back to 30" waist hurrah.However,I still eat healthily so as not to balloon up again,so the list of things I crave and can't have is pretty long.Sausages are top of the list.

Akelamalu said...

Forgo the Penguins, the shortbread and the IRN Bru and the size 10 jeans could be more than a dream! LOL

Matty said...

I'm not too big on doughnuts because of how unhealthy they are, but when I do have one, it's the chocolate cake style I like.

DCHY said...

My wife didn't have a craving per se when pregnant with my second daughter, but she wanted odd combinations like pickles and peanut butter while pregnant with my first.

I also went through "sympathy pregnancy" with her twice. I am happy to report that I can fit into my 34 waist jeans now when I was ready to burst out (and ripping a few) of my 38 waist jeans.

Only thing I crave nowadays is a certain creation from Cold Stone Creamery called Chocolate Devotion. ;)

blueviolet said...

I love jelly doughnuts, especially when the jelly is that really smooth, creamy kind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails