Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Payday


Everybody wakes up with a song and a smile
Everybody goes to work in their cars
Fills up their tanks like its a everyday thing
Everybody sings along to music in their cars
Nobody packs lunch
Breakfast changes from Weet-Bix to Wimpy
Items are bought oblivious of debt pending
Nando's and Debonairs for supper
Phone instead of messaging
Avon is paid for and the new order is immediately placed in
The geyser is somma left On all day
The dogs and cats even eat luxuries
The car guard finally gets a tip
The guy by the robot also gets a Mandela note
Pacific becomes Stuyvesant
Hare word soma gedoen by die salon!
Husbands are now nicknamed from "jou rubbish" to "my luvy"
Kids are called "mummy se engels" instead of "ondankbare gatte"
Sugar been borrowed gets replaced with a Full kg and a smile.

And all over this happens only once a month….

Haai shampies.

6 comments:

YeamieWaffles said...

So much happens on pay day, it's definitely one of the best days of the month for so many people. I get paid weekly which switches things up a bit though haha!

Johanna Garth said...

Love the feeling of progression in that piece!

Jo said...

Don't ever remember pay day being so exciting.

cat said...

Got to smile!

The Glebe Blog said...

Nicely put, I remember those days well. When I had no money the bank manager was my best friend, as soon as I was solvent he didn't want to know me ? I've never understood that.

Al Penwasser said...

Golly, I hope they give you more than a candy bar.
Although, Paydays ARE pretty tasty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails