Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Only in AFRICA!

Yeah, you gotta have a sense of humour to live in South Africa. 


The taxi drivers are a nightmare - it could either push you to regular bouts of road rage, or drive you to drink.  The wildlife and scenery is a sight for sore eyes - enough to take your breath away and leave you speechless.  The lack of gammar, half-decent spelling and proper use of punctuation from the government, is laughable.  The Spaza Shops are plentiful and the resourcefulness of the locals is verging on creative genius.


But that is Africa and why I love it.




Hey!  At least they warned us


Spaza Shop
The irony...
Ostrich strolls into a Filling Up Station...
Crap!
Resourcefulness even in the Suburbs
The Enormous African Beauty making a Golf look teeny weeny


Visit tomorrow for Half-Nekkid Thursday

14 comments:

WhisperingWriter said...

I have to say that I love that shit sign.

W.C.Camp said...

Honestly for the most part - it looks lovely. I hope to visit someday and take it all in! Nice photos. W.C.C.

Angeliki Bogosian said...

So funny! I love the TEKA WAY.

Nat said...

I want that shit sign to deter my neighbours!

Copyboy said...

Wow! I guess the gov. outlawed commas, but not profanity? That elephant shot is incredible.

JennyMac said...

HAHAHAHA....i know someone who would LOVE this.

Dazee Dreamer said...

loved the car being pulled by the horse. priceless

PiggysPen said...

Way awesome! :D

Blasé said...

Those Ostrichs will kill you.

DCHY said...

I actually laughed at some of your signs. Makes me want to mingle with the locals there and see how they think and act around me.... ;)

debra said...

I haven't been here for a very long time. It's good to be back. Love the photos!

Lady Fromage said...

Love those! Especially the "out patients/casualties" sign!

-Lady Fromage

Boobies said...

I've gotta come visit..this sounds like my kinda place!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails