Monday, 4 November 2013

As Black as Newgate's Knocker




Happy Monday, Lovely Plonkers and today's Monday Music Moves Me's theme is songs with colour in them.  Go visit the gorgeous Xmas Dolly, sign up and share your colourful toonz.

There are truck loads of songs with colours in the title so I decided to make BLACK my colour of choice this week.

Here are my choices....enjoy. 

No Monday music would be complete with Mr Jack White




 

The Beatles - Blackbird - Paul McCartney



 AC/DC Back In Black



Thin Lizzy Black Boys on the Corner



 KT does a mish mash with a Jack White (White Stripes) song.

 

Arctic Monkeys - Black Treacle





12 comments:

stevebethere said...

Fantasticated choices some classics there.

Have a plonkertastic week ahead ;-)

"Raps on Newgate's Knocker and runs"

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Rocking tunes today.

Cathy Kennedy said...

A theme within a theme. Great song choices. My favorite may be Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, but these are all excellent. Thanks for joining the 4M crew!

Andrew Leon said...

I want coffee to make me fly!

Lynn Blaylock said...

Gees..it wouldn't let me listen to the first song. You really carried the black theme with these song choices and OMGees.I don't know how long it's been since I've heard Thin Lizzy. Girl you're a Rocker!

Naila Moon said...

Hey now, going with one color choice is well...brilliant!
I knew ACDC and The Beatles but the rest are all new to me.
You are rockin' the black today!
Whoo...

Marie Moody said...

GIRLFRIEND IS ROCKIN THE HOUSE! DANG GIRL! Your movin! Got to see them all but one, and even knew most of them. Black Horse and a Cherry Tree totally rocks! Thanks for joining us and sharing all your goodies!~

Marie Moody said...

HEY WHERE'D MY COMMENT GO? Just making sure I told you YOU SO ROCKED THE HOUSE! DANG GOOD CHOICES THERE MAMA!

YeamieWaffles said...

I can relate to this a lot Lass, I really really needed my coffee this morning, felt so good and kept me going, usually I tend to not rely on it so much but today it set me up rightly.

Rory Bore said...

Aw, love Blackbird.
Excellent choices - black is a good theme - there's so many great songs.

The Glebe Blog said...

Paul Mccartney was much better in those day.
Love KT.
Thin Lizzie appeared at the Baths Hall Scunthorpe in February 1974. I couldn't get out of doing a night shift, but heard them rehearsing. Brilliant.

Colette S said...

Very good music list.

I've been sick, but feeling a bit better now. And here to visit from the music hop.
Have a fun weekend!
Aloha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails