Monday, 25 November 2013

Music Monday 80s edition



Today's Monday Music Moves Me theme over at Xmas Dolly is songs that you listened to in High School.  

High School for me was 1985 until 1989 (God, I'm showing my age) and I was heavy into my music then...I used to watch Video 2 (a local music programme) every week, with out fail, and record on to our double-sided Phillips video tapes.  I would watch, listen and dance over and over again in front of the telly and listening to my favourite hits.

I was seriously in love with Bono from U2 and thought he was Sex on Legs!  He still is (in my eyes).

So, beautiful Plonkers, lets take a trip back to the eighties...


























6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Jammin' cool U2 song.
I think there is a law that Tainted Love must be played at every wedding now...

Andrew Leon said...

ooh... good songs.

And, yeah, Bono still has it.

YeamieWaffles said...

I love Bono and U2, in fact I love every song on here! I Need You Tonight was playing on the radio the other day and I made a mental note to listen to it online again for the first time in a while but forgot about it until now. Guess my chance is here!

Cathy Kennedy said...

80s are totally rockin' down the house this morning! Although, I was out of high school in 1980 there were many excellent tunes to come from this era and many are still amongst my favorites today. Great to have you on the dance floor with the Monday's Music Moves Me crew, my friend. I'll count my blog buddies amongst my blessing that I will remember this week gathered around the table this Thursday as we give thanks.

Rory Bore said...

Ahh. U2 and The Smiths!! totally makes my day.
I remember most of these songs. and I may have had one of those over-sized shirts that said "Frankie says Relax."
yeah, just admitted that. thankfully this is a music post and not a fashion one.

Mike Golch said...

Cool set of thunes,thanks for joining in on the fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails