Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Ultimate Braai Master and The Road Less Travelled

Some of you may know that I'm a huge Ultimate Braai Master fan.  

Firstly, let me explain to my foreign Plonkers what exactly that is. 

The Ultimate Braai Master is South Africa's first original reality-based television series, hosted by Bush-Cook Guru, Justin Bonello.  60 Days, 8000 km of traveling through South African to beautiful locations, cooking everything on the braai.  Each week The Teams face challenges replicating or inventing their own dishes on the coals.  The best teams win awesome rewards and the losing teams face elimination challenges.

It's on-the-edge-of-yer-seat stuff and a show that is well-produced and extremely entertaining.

Now, here this....

I didn't watch the first season.  I'm not going to make trivial excuses for that, because I actually didn't know about it.  Anyhoo, since I knew it was going to be replacing Strictly Come Dancing in September/October, I figured I'd give it a twizzle. 

It was actually hubby that raved about it and wanted to tune in every Wednesday, but most of the time he fell asleep and left me glued to SABC3, while he sawed logs and snored like a bear.

Every Wednesday night, I make sure I have a cold beverage, tasty nibbles and maintain full battery life on my phone.  I constantly Tweet during the show and engage with other #UBM fans.   It's like a wee UBM Twitter Clan, where we chirp and tweet during the entire episode.

During the second or third episode, UBM Tweeted that they were giving away Justin Bonello's latest cook book from UBM Season Two namely Road Less Travelled.  I was after that piece of literature and I managed to win a copy!  

Booyah!

It arrived on Friday - autographed - and I couldn't be more stoked.  If you don't know what to get your hubby for Christmas, it's the perfect gift. (Especially if you want to spend less time in the kitchen and turn him into a BraaiMaster).  

Go and get yerself a copy and he'll be making BraaiPaais in no time. 

 

4 comments:

cat said...

Oh enjoy! We adore UBM too

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

An autographed copy - that is awesome! Congratulations.

Jo said...

No good, we aren't allowed to barbecue on our apartment balcony. There used to be a similar programme on TV here. Always looked good.

YeamieWaffles said...

This sounds so cool, you really do love your reality television huh Lass?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails