Sunday, 9 January 2011

Do you also want to be famous within 48 hours of posting your vid on YouTube?

Meet Ted Williams, a homeless US man with a deep, refined voice has become an overnight online sensation after being "discovered" by a local reporter on a street corner in Columbus, Ohio. After only 2 days on YouTube, the 53 year-old has now been offered a job by the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers and is being pursued by NFL Films for possible work.

Williams said the team had offered him a two-year contract and said they would pay his living expenses. Williams was recently living in a tent and whose past includes a lengthy list of arrests. He has served time in prison for theft and forgery and has been cited with numerous misdemeanours, including drug and alcohol abuse.  In New York, Williams' mother Julia was thrilled her only child was turning his life around.

15 comments:

Sandra said...

I tell ya, when things for viral they really go viral! My son was just telling me about this guy at supper tonight!

Mumstrosity said...

I saw this on facebook the other day! What an awesome voice hey! I'm glad he has another opportunity to turn his life around.

Anonymous said...

SWEET! ! !

Akelamalu said...

Hopefully he will use this opportunity to turn his life around.

lisleman said...

he has a great radio voice and I guess he was in the business before. I gather part of the reason he fell on hard times was his own fault (not completely sure). Certainly could be a book in this story.
I have youtube clips and even one with over 40,000 views but some are lucky to go over 100. There some luck involved with the timing of viral video.

Not So Simply Single said...

I thought this was an amazing story too! Wild the before and after pictures of this man. I have been following the story too........

Justsayin' said...

I hope he stays on the right track this time. I'm rootin for him.

SuciƓ Sanchez said...

Looks like his last chance. Hope he doesn't blow it.

Copyboy said...

Ahh the power of a golden voice mixed in with a little viral videoing.

Golden Era said...

Now i need to find a way to go viral!

Happy Swinger Chick said...

Isn't it amazing? I hope he makes it. What an opprotunity. However... he was living in a tent for a reason, if he doesn't solve these reasons the will come back regardless of opprotunity.

Thanks for the post

~Happy

..R May A.. said...

I haven't heard about this but wow!
great post :)

p said...

Ahah that's so awsome!
anyways, cool blog, i'll follow and support!

Joker_SATX said...

Holy smokes! It is AWESOME!

Not So Simply Single said...

Hey, how's it going with the quit smoking? I know it's terribly challenging!

Inquiring minds want to know! We are cheering for you out here in Maui!

Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails