Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Get Healthy Blog Hop

Stephen Tremp, L. Diane Wolfe, Michael Di Gesu, and Ninjalex aka Alex J. Cavanaugh have teamed up for a Blog Hop that focuses on health. This is an issue with many bloggers who have expressed gaining weight over the holidays and other negative health issues that they are dealing with. 

Get Healthy Blog Hop;s Objective: to share with everyone something you have done that affected your health in a positive way

Some of you lovely Plonkers know that I started The Dukan Diet in January 2012.  The reason I started the diet was because I had quit smoking the year before and, in the process substituted my sucking on cancer sticks, for shoving junk in my face and picked up 13kg.  

On Boxing Day 2011, this "Before" picture was taken of me in the pool and I took one look at the picture and knew I was officially a FAT CHICK.  

Look, I see abs!
I hated the picture, I hated my fat arse, I detested my thick thighs and tummy rolls.  Fuck! I had more chins than a fucking Chinese telephone directory.  

I decided then and there to get on to the internet, find myself a healthy eating programme and set myself some achievable goals.

I chose the Dukan Diet because I didn't have to weigh or measure any portions.  I have a pretty busy lifestyle as a working mum, so I knew I needed to choose an eating plan that I would be able to stick to.  

My goal was to loose 10kg before my 40th birthday in June 2012.  I gave myself six months to loose 10kg.  That was certainly "doable".  I joined the gym and exercised at least 3 to 4 times a week.

On the 2nd of January 2012, I began The Attack Phase and in the first week I lost 2.8kg (6.2 pounds).  I was so happy and I felt great!  I had tons of energy and I moved on to The Cruise Phase. 

After 44 Days, I had lost a total of 9kg, which is just under 20lbs.

After 3 months I had lost a total of 13kg (just over 2 stone).


I have kept the weight off by weighing myself everyday and if I do fall off the wagon and pick up a little, I get back on to the Attack Phase.  I must say its easier to maintain the weight loss if I'm exercising.

Feel free to ask any questions or leave a comment regarding the Dukan Diet.  I love to encourage and share knowledge about this awesome eating plan.

25 comments:

Jo said...

You're certainly looking good, I am jealous. Oh well, the weight is coming off slowly.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you! And you gave yourself the best birthday present ever - a healthy, happy you.

Ruth said...

Good for you. The hardest part of losing weight is changing your diet and sticking with it.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

You look fantastic, well done.

Yvonne.

Louisa said...

Wow! Those before and after pictures are amazing. well done!

Carolyn Brown said...

You have done a wonderful job! Congrats!

Pat Hatt said...

Damn, that diet really worked.

Nat said...

Well done on maintaining the weight loss! You look fab :-)

I lost about 30 pounds last year cutting out processed and junk food, also been working at keeping it off...

Annalisa Crawford said...

Great abs!!

Rhonda said...

Congratulations. Great accomplishment. I love your enthusiasm for what works for you.

Visiting today from the blogfest
Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com

Julie Luek said...

Yay for success! Congratulations!

YeamieWaffles said...

I'm laughing so much at that chin thing Lass, even though I've heard it before it's hit me hard for some reason. A similar joke I liked was in this show Archer where Archer tells this guy who's been eating a lot recently called Cyril to "keep your chin up Cyril, all ten of them."

With that said I think that you look great in 2011 even if you hate that photo. You can see from your arms that you really aren't that fat at all and there's no shame in a bit of extra weight anyway. Although with that said you look incredible now and I can understand why this must have improved your confidence and why you're so proud of yourself, I feel proud of you, your body is incredible still and that's despite having two children, pretty bloody impressive if you ask me, good job!

Susanne Drazic said...

CONGRATS on your weight loss! Something to be very proud of. : )

S.K. Anthony said...

Amazing! Congratulations on your loss and for having the perseverance to make it happen :)

Ok... I'm about to go click on that link ....

Suzanne said...

Congratulations! I must admit I've never heard of the Dukan Diet - off to have a read up on it :)
Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe

Karen Walker said...

Yeah for you! I also weigh myself every day and have maintained a 67 pound weight loss for several years by doing that and managing my food.

Michael Di Gesu said...

I can SOOOO relate about your dilemma before your mile stone birthday. I had one of those two years ago and I DID the same thing.

CONGRATS on your success and maintaining a newer, slimmer, and more importantly, healthier YOU!

Thanks for sharing the DUKAN DIET with us. I am so glad it worked for you.

AimeeKay said...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the diet too!

One Bad Pixie said...

Well done. It can be a tough road, but as it is often said- you do the crime (overeating crappy diet, etc.) you do the time (diet, exercise, etc). In the end you look better and feel better- win win situation.

M. J. Joachim said...

That is so cool. Good for you losing so much weight and keeping it off.

loverofwords said...

You look great! And smoking is a killer, glad you quit, but then there is the weight gain, but you figured it out, Congratulations.

Stephen Tremp said...

You can't argue with results. You look $#!!&*^! awesome!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations. You are gorgeous!

xoRobyn

Jai said...

Congratulations!! You look terrific.

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

I'm going to have to look into this. I was losing weight on Weight Watchers, then life got super-duper stressful, and that all went out the window. Now that my divorce is being finalized, I feel I owe it to myself to look good again and not feel bad about myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails