Thursday, 16 February 2012

My Dukan Story Continues...

I quick update on my weight loss.

After 44 Days on The Dukan Diet, I have lost a total of 9kg, which is just under 20lbs.

This "before" photo was taken on Boxing Day in December and when I saw myself, that was it.  I detested what I saw but you know what?  A photo NEVER lies!  At that moment I saw myself as an official FATTY and took it upon myself to change that. 


Over the next few days, I googled and researched for a realistic eating plan that I could stick to for the next six months, as I did a BMI test online which categorized me as MORBIDLY OBESE.  God that was a slap in the fucking face.  I had 15kg to loose to get back to the weight I was on my wedding day!  I must say, I was shocked but reality sunk in and I knew I had to do something.  I couldn't just keep buying bigger clothes. 


I stumbled across The Dukan Diet, I wasn't sure if it was going to work for me because high protein diets never worked for me in the past.  However, now that I'm a bit older (I'll be 40 in June), I figured that I had nothing to loose.  I went to Exclusive Books bought the Dukan Diet book.  I read it cover to cover and got seriously motivated!


I created myself a vision board of what I pictured myself looking like in six month's time.  I stuck my wedding picture up at work and a picture of me in a cat suit when I was at my slimmest.  It has motivated me everyday to eat the right foods and stick to the plan without cheating. 

It hasn't been easy and its still not easy.  I'm still only in the middle of the road but I'm half way there!  More than half way there, actually!

All those times when I was at a party or function and I wanted a piece of chocolate cake but refused, all those times that the girls at work brought in goodies to the office or wanted me to eat their Valentines candy. 

Nope not me.


I've been working hard and pushing myself to go to gym everyday and work out a wee bit harder each time.  I can now say that I can run for 30 minutes solid on the treadmill before breaking a sweat.  Its an awesome feeling.


I have been sickeningly good - I do allow myself a glass of wine every now and then...A girl's gotta get her wine on

I was far too ashamed to share my FAT photo with the world but now that I am over half way to my goal, I don't feel THAT bad

Wish me luck for the next few months getting rid of the last 6 or 7kg.




Oh and I noticed I hit 600 followers today. 

Bonus. 

You guys rock my fucking face right off

25 comments:

Sub-Radar-Mike said...

Lookin good, congrats! Keep it up and you'll reach your goal in no time.

Melanie said...

So proud of you...you are really inspiring me!

The Offended Blogger said...

I see abs!! Whoo hoo!! :)

BlackLOG said...

Oh and I noticed I hit 600 followers today.

Ouch, tell me about it the bruises are starting to show.....Is that part of your exercise routine

Destiny said...

woohoo! you sexy hooker!

Nat said...

Yay! Well done... that is an inspiring weight loss :-)
My journey is going a bit slower and steadily - been on Slimming World for 43 days now and lost 5 kg. 15 more to go...

YeamieWaffles said...

Congratulations on the losses and the 600 followers DSL, it's obvious that this is just some hard work and effort being much deservedly paying off which is great to hear!

Akelamalu said...

WOW well done you! I have to say though that I think you looked fine in what you call your fat photo. :)

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Well done - keep it up!
Salagatle!

Sausage Fingers said...

Nice work keep it up...when will the bikini pics be ready :)
cheers, Sausage...

cyn said...

holy schnikeys you look fuckin' fabulous! keep rockin' it & send some of that devotion & dedication my way -- i am totally lacking this week!!!!

xxoo

G C said...

Wow! Looking great! Good luck with your goal.

Possum said...

Fantastic!!
You have inspired me to do this but oh to be able to pop into Woollies or PnP and get all the necessary fat/sugar free dairy products!! Impossible over here :(

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you! And congratulations on six hundred followers.

Ducky said...

You are absolutely amazing!!! Progress...visible progress is such awesome motivation!!!! What amazing results!

Way to go!!

Mike Smith said...

Well done lassie!

nitebyrd said...

Congratulations on making yourself healthier! Not only are you going to look & feel better but your family is going to appreciate it, too!

Claire Hennessy said...

Wow, well done. The pics are amazing. (You have a FLAT stomach!) I have just lost 20lbs too! But sounds as if I have a longer way to go than you, but already feeling so much better. I am taking a spiritual healing path rather than a specific dietplan but, hey, whatever works, right?

My Inner Chick said...

--Congrats!

You. Rock. & Inspire.

Xx

wendy said...

Way to Go !!!!!
I have never heard of a Dukan diet.
When I first read it , I thought it said Dunkan
and that made me think of Dunkan Donuts....Great Diet (tee,hee)

I have been exercising every morning too (with Sunday off) and trying to stay within a 1230 calorie limit.
and in 6 weeks, I have only lost 6 lbs. Drudgery.

But, I WILL PERSIST

The Frog Queen said...

Congrats my dear....have to say, very inspiring!! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

junebug said...

Great job!!! Your diet sounds a lot like the Paleo diet I'm doing. Most meat and veg.

Babes Mami said...

You are doing SO WELL!! I'm so proud!!

Not So Simply Single said...

Damn girl, I would fuck ya if I were into that sort of stuff!

Congratulations! YOU LOOK AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to find a approach to get six pack style abs.
Do you dream about becoming buff and having bulky muscles.
Should you want to achieve your objectives you'll must do a few issues appropriate. You are going to must eat a proper diet plan. You will also have to remain active and get lots of physical exercise.
Also see my web page > My Homepage

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails