Thursday, 9 February 2012

La-Dee-Fuckin-Da, Oscar Time is Nigh


Six actresses have been chosen to present the 2012 Academy Awards this year.

Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig from the hit comedy Bridesmaids will be presenters at the 84th Academy Awards.  I don't know about you, Plonkers but I thoroughly enjoyed Bridesmaids, especially Megan's character. 


'Megan: I'm glad he's single because I'm going to climb that like a tree".




I lauged but I also cried - a lot!  But then again I cry at fucking Oprah and Dr Phil.   I'm a blithering idiot watching films.

McCarthy received her first Oscar® nomination this year for her supporting role in the film and Wiig also became a first-time nominee for the film’s original screenplay. All six will be making their first Oscar show appearances.

Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 will be presented on Sunday the 26th of February at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.  The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.

Don't forget to tune in to see who trips on the red carpet and who flashes their hoohaa or nipplette to the hungry papparazzi.  Och, you know that's why we watch the 5-day-long show.  Oh and to get a glimpse of Brad Pitt who's nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role.  Yummeeeee.


Rango better win best animated film.  It was crazy wicked!  Who are your favourites to win?


16 comments:

YeamieWaffles said...

I have to admit I've never saw Bridesmaids but I've heard it's like a chick version of the Hangover so it can't be all bad! Can't wait until the Oscars too!

The Offended Blogger said...

That picture makes me think of the Spice Girls which makes me think of David Beckham in his underwear which makes me think of the French Rugby calendar with those naked French Rugby guys which makes me think of... well, I need a cold shower.

Damn you! :)

bailey j said...

You feel that steam heat? That's from my undercarriage.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Loved Bridesmaids. I bought the movie, and I don't do that very often. The other one I got was The Help. Also up for Academy Awards.

Oh, and Brad Pitt. Num

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

It's exciting that Billy Crystal will be back to host. He is one of the better ones to host the academy awards.

kelley @ magnetboldtoo said...

I have no idea who is nominated.

Which clearly means it is NOT an honour just to be nominated. Obviously.

I might have to check out Rango.

Lesley at Fabulously Flawed said...

Loved that movie! I've seen it at least a dozen times and each time there is something new that cracks me up!

Mynx said...

Loved that movie. Keep meaning to get the DVD and watch it again.
As for the Oscars, they really don't interest me. Well I don't mind looking at the dresses, that is always fun

cyn said...

i am SO behind in the realm of movies -- i need some bridesmaids in my life apparently?

mwahs!

Mark said...

I've never heard of this movie. Apparently, I must have been living under a rock in 2011. But now I must see it!
Love Wiig! She's a total mess!
m.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

They're going to be so much fun to watch on the show. I can't wait. I'm kinda rooting for The Help to win.

Not So Simply Single said...

I am in a film frenzy, watching everything before the Oscars come on.

I think George Clooney will take it in Descendants.

I also liked Brad Pit, but I don't think it was a powerful enough role.

I just saw "The Artist" and it was excellent. Might win foreign film.


Meryl Streep in Iron Lady was also excellent.

I can't wait till the Oscars! Yahoo!

Jim Deans said...

Best actress in a supporting role - Bérénice Bejo. (The Artist)

Best actor in a supporting role - Christopher Plummer. (Beginners)

Best actress in a leading role - Meryl Streep (No matter whether the film's to your liking or not)(The Iron Lady)

Best actor in a leading role - George Clooney.(The Descendents)

Best Director - Michel Hazavanicius. (The Artist)

Baur said...

Ehhh I dont like watching Dr.Phil

Nolens Volens said...

I loved Bridesmaids too. I thought Megan stole the show. "Don't look at me!!!!"

A Daft Scots Lass said...

@Yeamie its pretty funny.

@Offended Damn you too!

@bailey @Nolens there are so many memorable quotes from this film!

@cyn do yerself a favour and go rent it.

@Mark You've had more important things on yer mind, my friend

@Lisa gosh you watch a LOT of films!

@Jim are you wagering me?

@Baur He takes NO SHIT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails