Friday, 22 May 2009

Ding! Ding! Round 1


Ladies aaaaaaaaaand Gentleman.

In the Red Corner we have an exhausted, redhead with bloodshot eyes.

In the Blue Corner we have a Sealy Posturepedic with fresh linen and goose down pillows.

Who do you think will conquer? Who will win the Heavy Weight Championship?

Let’s get ready to rummmmmmmmmmmmble!!!

Well, the entire week I’ve had restless, interrupted sleep wrestling . I’ve been lying there gazing at the ceiling counting the facia boards over and over for hours, trying to clear my mind “think black” and count sheep. I’ve even resorted to imaging myself walking down a giant screw but I always reach the end and have to start over again.

Its been awful. All you want to do is sleep because you’re so completely exhausted and yet sleep is miles away for some obscure reason.

Let me tell you, its FREEZING outside at 3am in the morning when I eventually get up and go outside to have a ciggie in hopes that it might calm me and help me sleep.

Horlicks sucks! Warm milk is disgusting! Camomile Tea doesn’t cut it. I think I may have to resort to sleeping tabs for a couple of nights.

Insomniacs – I feel for you.

Needless to say The Winner of the Championship was my good ol’ faithful Sealy Posturepedic which enveloped me in a warm, cosy electric-blanket cocoon but did not assist me to fall asleep.

Thanks for THAT, Sealy! *humph*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gill I have a fail proof insomnia cure. I hardly ever get insomnia but the few times I have, I tried this and it ALWAYS works. Turn around and put your head at the foot of the bed. You can take your pillow with you. Close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply and in no time you'll fall asleep. try it. It works!

Jeanette said...

Hope you get to sleep tonight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails