Monday, 18 May 2009

Yet Another Kaylin Update

I get the dreaded call from the School to say Kaylin has once again been hurt by another child in her class (this has happened now once too often!)

I am livid!

I got to school and she has one serious fat lip! One of the other children was "babying" her as usual (we've had this discussion before) and was carrying her around and dropped her. She scrapped her lip on the outside and cut her mouth on the inside and it was bleeding quite a bit. I sat with her for a while and her lunch came and she started eating. I tried to get hold of my doctor who is away for the day and will only be back tomorrow. Other other two doctors in the practise are also out for the day and will only be back later. I had made an appointment for this evening. However, I dont' think they'll stitch inside her mouth as it had stopped bleeding by the time I left her as school again.

Why am I always the one that gets the call that my child has been hurt? I've had this discussion with her Teacher and Principal before that they need to stop "babying" Kaylin because thats why she behaves like one. Yes, she might be petite and cute but thats no reason to treat her like a baby. The psychologist said the same thing and is planning on a visit to the school to see what goes on. This is unacceptable! How can you allow a 4 year old to pick up another child and carry her around!!! I don't allow Megan to do it. I let them have it.

I'm sick of getting the calls that KK is hurt and by her peers. I said that they should have a chat with the children and their parents about it (the specific few that do this constantly to her) and I said if they don't talk to the parents - I will call them. I said the next thing, Kaylin will arrive home with a nappy and bottle! Just because she's so little does not give them the right to treat her like a baby and after I've spoken to them about it.

The teacher is aware that KK is in therapy for her delayed speech and lack of independence. This is NOT helping!!! I'm doing my best and they are not assisting with this.

What would you say to the teachers and school? What would you do differently? I'm so angry I can't think straight! Am I over-reacting?

I'm thinking about changing her class.

3 comments:

wisteria said...

Hi Freind,
How is IPL cricket going on there?.Do you like it?. Hope you would enjoy the finals being at Johannesburg.

Thanks & Regards
Wisteria

Mick said...

you have told them your views now you must wait and see, threaten to report them to the authorities.........that should do it! If not why not ask to speak to her class, without KK and tell the children yourself that it's not acceptable. At this stage I would not single anyone out....... I am sure it will work out ok.

Jeanette said...

Hectic! I would also confront them, that's nonsense!!
I don't think that another class would make a difference though... I would consider another school

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails