Tuesday, 19 May 2009

Response from the Principal

After KK's incident yesterday, this is the response I get from the Principal:

"Hi Gill
Yes, I was informed yesterday of the incident. I have also spoken to the Teacher and Assistant of her class, and hope that it is NOW sorted!!!!!! You are more than welcome to send Lynn [KK's therapist} to visit the school, if it will help Kaylin with her therapy. Believe me you are not the only parent whose child gets hurt, with 230 children in a school, accidents are bound to happen.
I will personally chat to the whole class to ensure that nobody babies or picks her up"

and my response was:

"I am very disappointed.

Please do not belittle this incident by saying you have over 200 pupils in your school and that accidents are bound to happen. I am well aware of this and understand that children get hurt all the time. I am talking to you about MY child - not everyone else’s.

I’m not trying to wrap Kaylin in cotton wool, but the issue is HOW she is being treated. She is not a baby and should not be treated like one by anyone, teachers, assistant, peers alike. And secondly, this is not a once-off incident and on all times I’ve communicated this with both teachers. I believe one of the teachers were on "tea time" when this happened. How can one person be supervising a class of nearly 30 children on their own (even if it is only for 15 minutes)?"

The Principals Further Response

"Gill
I think you misunderstood my mail, and I apologise if you think that I belittled the incident. That was not my intention at all!!!

I have spoken to the class and I can asure you that no one will pick Kailin up again. Just rememember, she is little (small in size) and it is natural for the children to 'faf' over her. [Teachers]will also monitor the situation and we will be in touch."

2 comments:

Janet said...

Flip! I would find another school!

Jeanette said...

Ditto to what Janet said. I wouldn't be happy at all

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails