Saturday, 8 May 2010

Happy Mother's Day and on Being a Momma Bear

I am a Mummy.


And being a Mum is NOT for fucking sissies. 

You have to seriously multi-task and play many roles on a daily basis.  We are doctors, we are therapists, we are negotiators, we are judges, we play, we shout, we sing, we plead, we bribe, we discipline - but most of us wouldn't change it for the world!


What a blessing it is being a mum. 

And I got to do it TWICE - how lucky am I? 

The love you feel immediately is Indescribable - you simply cannot put that kind of instant love into words.  Momma Bears will fight to the death for their Baby Bears.  Momma Homosapiens will do the same.  Mums feel the same wherever you go and whatever species you are.  We share a bond - we will do pretty much anything for our offspring.  But beware, don't piss us off or show weakness or we WILL fucking eat you.


However, some days I will tell you that I will sell my Aspies Girl-Child for beer money but everyone knows I'm only 87.9% serious.  They roll their eyes and shake their heads and think I'm speaking in jest.... 


Yeah, its not easy being a mum, you don't get a manual, you don't get training, you don't get a personal educator to show you the ropes. 

You may get a tattered self-help book written in the Sixties passed down from the other mummy-people in your family but it never makes much sense and you certainly don't use it for reference in crisis situations.  It gets tossed on the bookshelf to collect another decade of dust until you can pass it onto another mummy-to-be in your family.


Happy Mother's Day to all the Momma Bears out there.


Enjoy your day off - yeah right?  Momma Bears NEVER get the day off...



My Momma Bear taught me everything I know - especially how to be silly
(these are not my mum's real teeth and she would be horrified that I posted this picutre of her!)

I love you Mum!

13 comments:

Marcelle said...

LOL...
Happy mothers day to you....xx

Ami said...

Funny picture. :)

Yep, motherhood is definitely the best thing I've ever been given.
Happy Mother's Day to you!!

And I have never taken a day off for Mother's Day... I want to spend it being a mom!!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Lovely mother's day post. My favourite part? "...some days I will tell you that I will sell my Aspies Girl-Child for beer money but everyone knows I'm only 80% serious." He, he, he.

Nice mum photo as well. Lovely teeth (in a British sort of way).

Christiejolu said...

Happy Mothers day to you and your Mother!

Monkey Man said...

Go moms!

Brian Miller said...

lol. it is not an easy job...
happy mothers day!

Katherine said...

Gillian that was great! I hope that you have an awesome Mothers Day with your hubby & kids! They are so lucky to have such a beautiful & funny Mummy!!

Jason, as himself said...

What a great Mother's Day post. And I love that your mom can do something as goofy as this photo.

Wait. Those aren't her real teeth, are they? Oh, great. I spoke too soon, but you said never to censor myself. You are all from Great Britain, after all, right? Oh geez. I'm sorry. These ARE your mother's real teeth. Forgive me.

steveroni said...

I truly would like to know the name of your Mum's dentist!

Your profile states you are "simply a Scot, a mum, a wife, and a blogger. But you must do all these things well, from the sound of it all. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you and your joking Mum!

PEACE!

Jingle said...

Happy Mother's Day to U!
http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/05/six-word-saturday-week-3-happy-mothers.html

my wishes for mothers is here.

blueviolet said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your mom is a good sport!

Matty said...

Aw, your mom looks like a gem. Hope your day was a special one. God bless moms everywhere.

cat said...

Happy MOthersday to yo Gilz (although super late)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails