Lately I have been throwing myself into writing, poems mostly. The thoughts mostly come at night when I'm relaxed and lying in bed (just before I fall asleep) and then I have to get up and write stuff down (otherwise I forget). My hubby thinks I'm mad lately.
I don't claim to be a writer but I'm nevertheless going to
post some for you to critique. Be honest!
Enough
I love you
enough to do anything for you.
Give my life,
my love,
my heart,
my soul to you
and for you.
Enough to willingly give all my effort, trust and prayers to you.
Enough to want to protect and comfort you.
Enough to want the best for you
to wish for your successes.
Enough to cherish you and respect you.
Enough to fight for you,
compromise for you,
sacrifice for you.
Enough to miss you incredibly when we're apart,
no matter what length of time or distance.
Enough to believe in our family
to never give up on us.
Enough to never want to leave you or live without you.
I love you this much

12 comments:
I'm not a poet myself but I thought that was a good one.
i dig it. nothing better than ripping straight from the heart. i do some of my best thinking after laying down in bed too.
thanx Ed
Very romantic
that was wicked good gillian...yeah i try to capture a poem a day in all the little things...they are there just waiting...
Oh and I love the poem!
I hope you shared it with him, it's beautiful!
Not too long, not too short. Just Enough...
Beautiful.
I wish someone would write something like that about me.
Gillian...you go girl.... I love your poem, it's filled with heartfelt feeling and that deserves one very big & beautiful tick!
I'm guessing this was written with your husband in mind. I'm certain he must love it! And if you've not read it to him...you must!!!
i do the same too x
You're an excellent writer, Gillian. I love your blog!
Post a Comment