Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Gone in 6 Seconds!


Here are the 6 things that guys notice about you within the first 6 seconds of meeting you.

According to a new study, a person’s physical appearance allows others to form surprisingly accurate first impressions. So you may want to think twice about what kind of image you’re projecting with these traits dudes check out immediately.
1. Your Smile
Does it seem sweet and genuine? Does it seem awkward and forced? Does it seem like you ate a sesame-seed and parsley salad for lunch based on what’s lodged between every single one of your teeth?

2. Your Hair
Guys have no idea what split ends are, and if you mention roots, they just think of the band. But they do look to see if your hair looks 1. soft and 2. as though it would smell good. So don’t request “The Gosselin” at the salon, and wash it every so often. That’s all guys ask.

3. Your Cleavage
Newsflash: Dudes like to look at your chest.  No fucking shit Sherlock... Now, that’s not to say they think all women should unbutton their shirts to their bellybuttons at funerals. (Though really, who are guys to judge?) But they will notice how you’re showing off what you’ve got.

4. Your Makeup
If you’re wearing so much makeup that it looks like you’ve painted an entirely new face on top of your actual face, guys will wonder if you’re trying to cover up some bizarre deformation — or if you’re Gotham City’s most dangerous criminal mastermind.

5. Your Skin
You know that blemish you’ve been obsessing over all day because it’s so huge? Chances are guys won’t even notice. What will they notice? If you look like a jaundiced Oompa-Loompa because of overenthusiastic tanning.

6. Your Bag
Are all women who haul around big purses (that would be me)  in other words, cavernous rucksacks stuffed full of old receipts, emergency sweaters, and half-used bottles of hand sanitizer, high maintenance? Maybe not. But guys will go ahead and assume they are anyway.

23 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Found your site from Krippled Warrior.
Great tips and imgage.
Lovely blog you've got here.
Hope you get a chance to drop by.
Have a great day!
B

Skinny Bitches in the Making said...

haha! great post!
I always worry about my split ends. When I'm talking to a guy I cannot help think can he see them : "Oh no, he can see them, he'll never think of my as a serious girlfriend if I cannot even keep my hair healthy how can I ever be mother to his children. I'm gonna end up alone!"

JessicaGiggles said...

Hahaha! So true! It's amazing what we fuss over when guys have no clue what we're even talking about!

Blasé said...

Regarding the woman in the pic...

I'd simply ask her- "paper or plastic?"

Then I would take care of her needs...

Brian Miller said...

i like to watch how she interacts with others as well...that tels me a ot about a woman...particularly with kids...

Brenda said...

Hehehe. Soooo true. Guess what my hubby first noticed about me. My boobies!!! Not joking.

Jennifer Scavone said...

interesting... =)

blueviolet said...

What? They size us up according to the size of our bags? Idiots!

Betty Manousos said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm your newest follower! :)
What an awesome blog you have!
B :)

Technogran said...

That's me in trouble then! Hair like straw and no boobs and a huge big purse.

lisleman said...

thanks for sharing your White Stripes recommendation over at A Few Clowns Short.

This is a good list. Was this your study?
These things change over time. I imagine someday in my older years, breathing will be the first thing I notice.
The bag - really? I think some of these bags are more for camping. I guess one thought would be - wow she is probably carrying overnight stuff in there maybe I'll be lucky.

You did miss one big one - talking and what you say.

Matty said...

Yes, I'd say this is fairly accurate. Just a step further, and just for me, I look past their smile and into their eyes. A smile can cover and mask a nasty person. I am firm believer that the old saying is true, that the eyes are the window to the soul. I think that looking deep into their eyes tells you a lot about their character and the kind of person they really are.

The Invisible Seductress said...

I'm trying to stop using so much product in my hair,, but the '80's keep calling me to the abyss....

Christiejolu said...

Great advice....What Brian said is cool...I look to se how a guy interacts with kids too..Funny...

cat said...

What? The bag thing? I would never have guessed.

Kim Ayres said...

What's a split end?

Claudia said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
You have a nice place here - and I have to check this bag thing (I tend to carry around big bags as well - because - yes - you need to be prepared for EVERYTHING!! ;o))
Nice to meet you
Claudia

Lena said...

Cleavage. The bane of my life. Even around priests.......

otin said...

I love BV's eyes! They are captivating!

W.C.Camp said...

I generally agree with this list except that I think EYES play a huge role too. I have been married forever, but to this day, my wife's eyes still have that 'something' sparkle which gets me everytime!! Nice Post!
W.C.C.

Rick said...

What if you don't have cleavage or a bag?

Iva said...

woah fun list!

steveroni said...

Maybe I'm always jumping the gun--but I look first into her eyes. And sometimes I stay right there, even if I have to force myself to NOT search cleavage. However, I have absolutely no control over where my eyes roam if she (hopefully) turns and leads me somewhere, walking in front of me. (And somehow, do the girls not ALWAYS know where a man is looking??

A nice, honest SMILE--good, wide mouth--good. BIG BOOBS? "Anything more than a mouthfull is a waste!" Did I WRITE THAT??? Time to STOP...NOW!

Good FUN posting, Gillian, thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails