Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Nobody can be so revoltingly smug as the person who has just given up smoking....

I'll be fucking smug if I want to, demmit.  I think its quite an accomplishment.

74 days Nicotine Free!

The reason why I am bring it up - again - is because I got a few emails asking how the non smoking is going so this is both an update and a brag post.

I must say I still miss it.  I still think about it - a lot.  I still watch people taking those long slow drags and wish it was me.  Pulling the smoke deeply into my lungs and exhaling slowly.  I don't think its a habit you kick quickly...  

But then... As it was pissing with rain all night last night and this morning, I put on  my drimac jacket this morning.  I haven't worn it since the last time it rained, which was our December camping trip!  
I didn't notice immediately but, when I was driving to work, I wondered where the smell of smoke was coming from.  I sniffed around the car like a wee mouse.  Crinkling my nose up and following the scent trying to locate the source of the smell...It was my jacket!  

It stank like stale old cigarette smoke.  WOW!  I couldn't believe how strong it was and that I'd always walked around smelling like that.  It wasn't nauseating but it was potent.  I couldn't wait to get to work to take it off because it made me just want to puff away. 

I must admit.  I did stare longingly at my e-cigarette which still sits in my pencil holder on my desk.  I did contemplate taking a wee puff but thought - fuck it, I've come this far.  Don't cock it up, Scots Lass.

I didn't.

Are you proud of me?

I'm off to bin that fucking jacket.


Share |

26 comments:

jacksofbuxton said...

Two sorts of people in this world,smokers and non smokers.You'll always be a smoker,just one that chooses not to.

Keep up the good work.....

Nat said...

You have every right to be smug....well done you!

The Angry Lurker said...

Of course we're proud of you, my other half gave up years ago but now and again still gets the craving, don't bin the jacket just wash it. Congratulations on 76.

blackhuff said...

Oh wow! That is so great being 72 days smoke free. Yay for you!
You've come a long way - keep it up.

Betty Manousos@ CUT AND DRY said...

I'm impressed! Quitting smoking is not easy. Not at all.

Good for you! Well done you!

Happy Tuesday!

B xx

Brian Miller said...

yes i am...great job!

cat said...

Extremely proud of you. Well done.

Nolens Volens said...

Don't bin the jacket. Wash it instead. :) Congrats on your milestone.

Daffy said...

A victory like that deserves a reward....new shoes? Jewlery? Night out???

Congrats you should be proud!

Akelamalu said...

I'm proud of you Scots Lass. I know how hard it is to give up, I did it cold turkey 13 years ago and even now there are times when I think 'mmmmm I wonder what it would be like?' but of course I don't.

My Dad smokes like a chimney and every Wednesday and Saturday I come home reeking of smoke after I visit him. :(

Monkey Man said...

Great job and do throw out the stench of the old regime.

blueviolet said...

That's a good sign when it starts smelling icky to you! You're doing so well!

emile said...

I tried a bit of everything, Allen Carr worked wonders. You really walk out there not wanting anymore, highly recommended. That said, proud of you!!!

Joker_SATX said...

I am proud of you Chica! Great Will Power!

Mo said...

Well done.

THUNDERCAT832 said...

I'm proud of you! I've quit smoking for a month now and the urge to kill everyone around me can't be shaken!!!!!!!!!!! *grips knife*

Copyboy said...

Very proud!!! Though HNT's won't be as smoky. Darn. Seriously, you should be proud.

Sandra said...

Yeah, dont' cock it up!...I'm using that every opportunity I have!
Now back to you: congrats on your success!
I have been a nonsmoker for about 11 years, and I admit, I still love the smell of cigarette smoking wafting in the air next to me. But I don't want it in my hair.
Even in a picture of you pinching your nose, you're a hot bitch!

Sleepless in Serrano said...

Yay for you and your family! A strong woman indeed, brag away!!!!

Not So Simply Single said...

High Five to you...74 days of no smoking...you are one bad ass chick. Damn, you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to do!

Congratulations, you are my idol!

Rock on!

Lisa

Chrissy said...

Awesome job! You deserve to be cocky. Keep it up!

Marcelle said...

I'm a non smoker, have never been one and the reason I hated it so was the way my mother smelt....how the house smelt...etc etc...You know what I'm saying.
So proud of you for sticking to this...
First tackle one area, then the weight...but right now smoking is the thing to get over.

Leah said...

Good lass, I'm proud of you. You be a wee bit smug if you want to - in my book you've earned the right.

I'm still smug after giving up 11 years ago.

Bailey Schneider said...

CONGRATS. I quit smoking on 01 Jan 2011. Yip, an ACTUAL New Years Resolution and it's still going strong!
It's amazing how you do suddenly smell everything better. Sta-soft actually lasts in my clothes now.
Haha!

Thank, Q said...

Congrats! I've heard it's difficult, so I wish you the best!

Michael said...

Way To GO!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails