Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Jings! Crivens Help Ma Boab



Judge is today's A to Z Blog Challenge motto.  

There is a lot of that going around these days.  Being judged for being too fat, too thin, being too outspoken, being too quiet - we are judged on a daily basis for everything we do that may be a little "different" or out of the ordinary.  This kind of thing saddens me as we are too often categorized into boxes from an early age and it seems to stick.  We need to learn to be more tolerant of indivdual personalities and keep an open mind until we really know the face behind the masks we wear.  We all wear them.

Sometimes its not worth getting to know the face behind the mask but often it is worth the wait.






Jackshit is today's Insult

According to Urban Dictionary Jackshit means nothing, or something equivalent to nothing.  Jack shit has the remarkable property that its absence and presence are identical. Typically used with or without a negative to describe a total lack of knowledge, value, or significance. Its use carries a strong negative connotation which can express frustration, disdain, ignorance, or other negative qualities.  A fair to good all-round insult.

e.g Jings! Crivens Help Ma Boab, that Plonker doesn't know Jackshit! 









14 comments:

middle child said...

Oddly...those look alot like my boobs on a bad day.
I too am tired of all the judgement and generalizing. Then on the other hand, I hate being concerned with being politically correct.

J.Day said...

That video was awesome. Now I shit about the Schitts. Awesome shit. ;o)

YeamieWaffles said...

"Sometimes its not worth getting to know the face behind the mask but often it is worth the wait."

I'm really with you on that line Lass. Even if the person really is exactly how you've been judging them it's still better to hold your thoughts until you know them as those pre-existing thoughts might turn out false.

Addman said...

I quite often wear a plague mask. I find it gives a certain gravitas to social situations, especially when at the office. I don't think I'd produce the same effect on people if I took off my mask.

Sam said...

Hi dear, adore the phrase about jug dement - think I need to say that to a few people. I saw lots of coloured denim in The Mall of Rosebank last time I was there, can't recall the name of the stores though...sorry

JDC said...

Better insult today I think

Matthew MacNish said...

Excellent J words! I did know jack about jack shit.

Journaling Woman said...

We all wear the masks thinking we'll be judged. To me, I think people judge because because they can't see past their noses.

Teresa

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Being judgemental is a passive-aggressive way to assert control over someone else. That's just my opinion, but humans are always trying to control people. Just look at religion. It's nothing but control.

Claire Hennessy said...

Excellent - sometimes I forget the good words, like Jackshit. Haven't used that in a while. Will try and incorporate it into one of my conversations today!
I am practicing non-judgement of everyone (including myself, yikes) on a daily basis. Not easy! Has made me realise what a judgemental cow I am!

Joshua said...

Holy gods do I want that bookmark! But I won't do or pay jackshit for it.

bruce said...

jackshit! funny stuff!

judging is bogus...

i think we are even more in a fishbowl with the cyberwebber...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't judge personalities - I like how you worded that.

Mel said...

Great post! I really like your theme; it's insightful and entertaining. Nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails