Sunday, 23 June 2013

Ride The Rage

My Boerewors was working from home a while ago, and I decided to call home to see what he’s up to.   He mentioned that he’d been watching Dr Oz on telly that they were discussing Perimenopausal Rage

He mentioned that he thought I had many, if not, most of the symptoms!

1. Severe moods swings in minutes.
2. Out of proportion anger
3. PMS on steroids

Apparently, it’s like crying over a soppy advert one minute, and exploding like the 4th of July fireworks, because someone opened the oven half way through cooking yer chocolate souffle.

You know, the general above- and- beyond your everyday feelings.

Yeah, my husband thinks I have this.

At first my response was;  are you fekkin high?  Cheeky pig, telling me I’m menopausal. I’ll show him what fekking perimenopausal rage is all about!  What’s wrong with you? I’m only 41 I can’t be menopausal! 

If I have this syndrome, then I’ve been suffering from fekkin perimenopausal rage my entire bloody life.

I’m explosive and am totally unpredictable. Just how a ginger Scots lass should be, right?

Then I read up on the syndrome and the symptoms …. and you know what? 

There maybe some truth in what my Boerewors is telling me. 

Sweating one minute, and freezing my tits off the next. Giggling uncontrollably one minute, and sobbing my eyes out the next. 

All this and you have NO control over it.  Yeah, sounds about right...

However, it’s frustrating, confusing and the after-explosion-guilt is dreadful. It’s like riding an emotional roller-coaster. And you know how much I love a bit of an Adrenalin rush.  However, this is one roller-coaster I do NOT want to ride.

I guess my hormones are seriously fucked up.

There doesn't seem to be much hope for me.

Lets Ride the Rage!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Can't decide if it is comforting to have a name for it? When I stop crying or laughing I will give it more thought.

Tami Von Zalez said...

The cartoon graphic is apt - no doubt it is a roller coaster ride ... that lasts a long, long time.

I'm 54 and have been on the crazy train for nearly 10 years now.

YeamieWaffles said...

This doesn't sound like a particularly fun trip to go on Lass, really don't envy you or hubby, it must be so annoying! Hopefully you see it through and soon Lass!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Eventually it will end. I'm grateful my wife zinged through it rather quickly.

Jo said...

Tell you something, if you get hot flashes, they last for years, and years.

Matt Harvath said...

He had some guts to say that. If I said that to my wife, I think she would snap and tear my head off. She tells me it is normal and runs in her family. All the women are like that. It is like she is Having her "time" about 22 days out of each month. Maybe it is Post Menopausal, but I wouldn't dare mention it to her!

Andrew Leon said...

It sounds rather like middle school to me. We're just ending one of our kids being that way and entering it with the next.

Leah said...

I was 39 when my menopause began. Apart from a few uncomfortable physical symptoms I did pretty well. The mood swings were a bit grim I have to admit, but they didn't last forever. All that and no HRT.

cat said...

I swear I have every siongle one of them too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails