Monday, 7 April 2014

Fokkol


Haaibo Daar Mense!  

It be Day #6 for the A to Z Blog Challenge happening this month.

Today is the letter F. 



Today's word is Fokkol (pronounced fok-ole).  This is an Afrikaans word essentially meaning having nothing, being nothing, nothing left etc. Just general nothing. 

It rolls so beautifully off the tongue, doesn't it?  The direct translation means "Fuck All".

Usage :  

"Hey Bru, what you doing?"
"FOKKOL"

"I understand FOKKOL"

"Gimme me a blowjob first"
"No, theres FOKKOL time." 


Here is one of our Afrikaans musos singing Die Fokkol Song

 


7 comments:

Paula said...

Funny, funny, funny!

David P. King said...

Now this is a fun blog. Always do enjoy learning new words, too. I'm glad I swung by! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I imagine you use that word a lot!

Tara Tyler R said...

i'm learning so much clever slang - well, funny slang =)

happy f day
what the fokol!

Conny said...

oh my stars ... that's an amazing word!! I have an Irish friend who shocks me often with the language she uses (and the Gaelic meanings of the things she says!!). I'm not really that brave to speak of such but I can chuckle when I hear such naughtiness ;)

Samantha Geary Jones said...

Ha! Love your theme this year! Aside from the obvious entertainment value, I'm looking forward to learning new ways to spice up the dialogue for one of my novel's Shona characters.

WriterlySam
Echoes of Olympus
A to Z #TeamDamyanti

betty said...

Visiting from A/Z; I'm going to have to remember this word; those that don't know its meaning will never know what I'm saying; it could work to my advantage! Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

betty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails